Wednesday, October 30, 2019

OHHHHhhhh, ohhhhhh Mexicooo ( try singing that )

Well, we're here. Got our first shrimp dinner, our first Pacifico...life is good. In fact just arriving at the house and having the air conditioner cycle on like it should was the perfect start that doesn't always go that way. The only speed bump is television and that's only important because of the World Series ending game tonight and the Seahawk games that I'll miss because the building supplied feed is kaput....mmmm... I don't know the reason but  I expect it will make  perfect sense if I asked why , wink wink. But the good news is that even though our Internet is slower than last years King Salmon bite it is good enough to run the Firestick I brought and we have lots of choices to watch....except live sports...I do kinda miss Katie Boulduin on CNN though.

And this morning in the dark on my third or fourth cast I caught this nice little Grouper. He was about a kilo, maybe a bit more and of course they bite and go right back into the rocks so landing him was a challenge and when I did I released him...gotta build my moe -joe and I sensed that was just the right thing at the right time. So this ain't much of a sport fishing triumph pic, lets just call it an anti B.S.er.
One of the reasons we came a little early is that we like it when it's quiet here at LaMarina and MP wanted to see and experience all of the Day of the Dead art and festivities. So here's a pic of the very first Alter we came across, these things are everywhere and sooo cool and we love the honoring of your passed on loved ones. So Friday afternoon we're going to check into the LaSiesta hotel that we love downtown in Olas Altas so we are closer to the events, I'll take many photos and maybe by then I'll learn to be able to publish them faster for you...that fish pic took one third of a Pacifico.
Yesterday we went downtown to buy a shirt and a couple Poppers from my friend Rafa at PescaMaz. I needed the Popper's because I was sooooo excited my first morning here to be fishing that I wound up and threw a powerful cast without opening the bail....yikes....I'll tell ya this, a 220 peso 2 ounce Jansen brand Popper with nothing attached to it flys a loooooong  ways. It was a thing of beauty really.

Right across the street from Rafa's store on Playa Norte we see this, man that's a lot of plastic. It's a floating water park that the coconut telegraph says was anchored there without any of those pesky permits you usually need around any H2o. I'm a little confused with the business model because I don't see enough Tarzan like young people around who could or would swim out and then be comfortable enough in the water all day to continually fall in and get out, maybe I'm missing something. Of course there's the old eye pollution argument that people don't like, but me, I think it's cool and if they get open for business I'm swimming out.
Well I wanted to get this blog out and field test my equipment. I should have some cool pics from Day of the Dead so I hope you come back....and maybe even a fish....or two😎🐟🎸

2 comments: