Monday, February 27, 2017
That's what I'm doing. fishing has been so slow that my next Mile 14 Blog post will either be pics of a fish in the next few days or us landing on terra firma in the froze north. We're almost done with another portion of this life long fishing trip I'm on....but I WILL post if I catch in the next few days.
Monday, February 20, 2017
Well if you do, I've got the place to make it ultra special...and I figure pretty inexpensive compared to the great U.S, of A. where I've heard tell of people spending 40 or 50,000 big ones just on the ceremony and reception. Right next door to us is El Cid Marina where they have an event center on the beach that has to be the busiest marriage spot in Mazatlan. We've seen many of them but this last Saturdays was the nicest ever and with a smaller crowd than usually attend and listen to blaring Banda music until 4:00 a.m. The El Cid people are artist's at the erection of beautiful Pavilions, this is the nicest I've seen , up in a day and down the next.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Sure did. The other day I got on a scale at the Walmart Store. Now you know how I train for life so you know I lost 10 pounds before jumping the jet to Mazatlan. Well I found it at Walmart. I could kinda tell that I had a little tortilla tummy going on and when it registered 91 kilo I let out a gasp and MP went to giggling, Mmmmmm so I said "it's your turn baby" she said " pound salt ". Oh well, it's the cost of a good life. To all my friends @ The River City Wellness Center....you'll be seeing a lot of me ( in several different ways ) real soon. Here's the speed-o shot for 2017.
Don't think just because I'm writing about sun up that I don't like the sunsets. But I must admit a bias for the morning when there's always new hope and freshness. A couple nights back I almost got a perfect ' naval assist' so I figured I'd better share it. It's not sunset on Mazatlan 2017 yet but we're just a couple weeks out from returning to the frozen north....which is just fine with us. MP says I could stay longer as she has work to do and my fishing season is still a few months off....But nope, I ain't doing that and miss my friend Mike Sweeney's St. Patrick Day Parade....See ya soon Slowdotna.
Monday, February 6, 2017
But last Monday Tim had to jet back to Iowa so we fished the last day at our favorite rocks in the Gold Zone. I had to leave early as our maid comes every Monday at 9:00 and around here you gotta clean everything up for the maid so she doesn't think you're a slob . We have a Canadian women who is the Administrator here and likes to think she runs the building....wrong, the maids run the building, But I digress....no sooner had I left Tim to go clean than he hit this beautiful Snook, his first one ever. I was and still am stoked for him because I remember how long it took me to get my first good one. The way it goes tim is like this...one down 100 more to go eh ? Nice work.
Emily floundering around trying to get gold. Here's list of my books so far.
1. Old Man's War....about the stupidest science fiction ever where they fight in space with old people who are given young bodies....I'm keeping mine.
2.War at Sea...an actual text book about Naval warfare in WW 2,,,,,boy howdy that baby took some discipline.
3. Book of the 7 Seas.....really cool all about the discovery's and everything you ever need to know about the oceans....marine life, marine geology, ancient sea battles and boats.....cool stuff.
4. Positively False.....Floyd Landis's account of how he won the Tour De France...he says he didn't do it, I don't believe him.
5.Gray Mountain.....John Grisham, pretty darn slow if you ask me.
6.New Jack....I guy wants to write about prison guards in Sing Sing Prison and they won't let him research the subject so he goes to the Academy and then becomes one. After the book he better tow the line and not end up in that place .
7. The Lion's Gate....personal stories from the guys who waxed all the Arab's during Israel's 6 day war that actually went 7 days....did you know that Israel is only the size of New Jersey ?
8. Rose....a novel by Martin Cruz Smith about the coal industry in England during the Industrial Revolution....Gorky Park and Polar Star were both so good that I read it just because it Martin Cruz Smith....y0u can skip this one,
9. The Last Vampire....Whitley Strieber who owns the end of the world story's. Weird , but good.
10. The Peninsula Clarion......weird, but good.
So you can see I'm staying busy. We've got exactly four more weeks before we land back at Mile 14 of the world famous. I can tell we're getting close because MP seems to be quieter than usual and when she does talk it sometimes starts out with.....' what's wrong with you'....Well nothing really. So far I'm really doing well. I haven't been sick except for the usual dose or two of ' tourista' and I have yet to do anything stupid AND I'm getting along with everybody, even the A Team that everybody just ignores.