Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Jeff's World

 
I've never been really to good at making money and in school I was kind of a C student. My mind would wander, I'd think of songs and fishing and travel and girls and....well I guess I'm living all those things right now. Pretty cool how life goes. And all of those things I'm really, really, really good at. Years ago I remember a conversation with MP as we drove north not really knowing what the future held. I asked what she wanted and she told me " just to be loved".....well done deal. I mean , how couldn't ya be goofy about somebody who walks the dog at Mile 14 looking like this, cute eh?
 

She's in Montana right now so it's a little weird here at Mile 14. Last night I celebrated Cinco De Mayo day which is connected to my 2nd home in Mazatlán. The Mexicans whooped the French who were in expansion mode so us Americans wouldn't have to. Normally MP would conjure up some Mexi food and most likely some blue tortillas....well, I had a Banquet brand Mexican TV dinner (it was actually pretty good) and washed it down with a Corona and few shots of real Mexican Tequila and turned the amp up louder than if she were here and played an hour of my Mazatlán friends favorite songs.
 
I drove her to the airport in Anchorage on Thursday. We've made that drive hundreds of times but this time it seemed unusually gorgeous...I guess it's my age or the current situation and a need to not take things for granted like I once did. I had a friend from Montana tell me one time that the drive is like Glacier National Park the entire way, and I guess it kind of is. For you non-Alaskans here's a drivers eye view of the last frontier.
 
 
Even though ADF+G has turned my world topsy turvy I'm just drawn to that old river. Because of the warm weather we've had the melt is fast and there is plenty of water to run. I guess I just have to keep on keepin on so I got the boat ready and Keith and I did a first exploration. Up around the corner we found this dock float that I'll bet is worth 50 or 75 bucks...that's something more than I had yesterday. I did have a moment while me and Jet waited for Keith. She's not doing well and I sure as heck don't want her getting hurt so she lets me lift her into the boat...at one point I lost my balance and we both fell down in the river sand....I thought to myself...It's the hand we're dealt Jet-Dog, you and me, I ain't happy about it but it's the way it is.

 
I had so much fun with last weeks list that I decided to do another one here. There's so many things I can't control and of course  one of the secrets to peace in life is to control the things you can. So this list is things I can't control but would sure make for a better Jeff''s world if they were to happen.
 
1. 7500 early run King salmon....that's a no brainer eh?
2. Have ACS get my cell phone bill correct at least 1/2 the time.
3. A loved ones fight with cancer is won.
4. Les Palmer's retirement.
5. My fishing team members in Mazatlán were to come fish the Kenai.
6. No mosquitos , last year was TERRIBLE,,, I know, we could get ADF+G manage them.
7. hey I got an idea....maybe you guys, my readers could chine in here, help me out....what would be good ????? Maybe I'll add to this as the week goes on.
 


2 comments:

  1. 8. All the rooster fish in the eastern pacific decided to winter off the beaches of Mazatlan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packers win the Super Bowl!
    Uffda.

    ReplyDelete