Wednesday, November 18, 2009

As they say in the white collar world this is my official "launch". We're having our first cold snap here at mile 14. It was -15 yesterday and theres to much snow to bike but not enough to ski so its the perfect time to "launch" the blog. I want to thank my friend Dave Anderson for inspiring me to write, he has FishwithDave right here on blogger. He writes wonderfully and is wealth of fascinating info, he even catches a fish now and then. I also have to thank those that prepared me for this, I actually took creative writing in college. My high school typing teacher Jay Janey, like you Jay I ain't the fastest but I'm steady. I have a great life and it might even be a bit unique. So I also have to thank the thousands of people who have fished with me through the years and helped create this life at Mile 14. I can honestly say, the best friends I have now are folks I've met through fishing. And of course I have to thank my wife MP for being the straw that stirs the drink around here. She's at working typing contracts and me....I'm at home typing blogs, enough said.

So this is the plan. As we go along I'll report about the ever changing river. Hopefully the things the press ignores, like what kind of good stuff can be found where and when the first non-rumor salmon is caught. And how big it really was. I'll report from Mexico when we have our first hot Toro bite and when I get my first cervesa purchased for me after singing Mama Hated Diesels. I'll report about the personalities I meet along the way like my friend John who says "the problem with doing nothing is that you never know when you're done". I'll report about our fine dining experiences like the chocolate/chocolate/chocolate with chocolate sprinkles dip cone at Dolphy's . I might even chat up my own cooking prowess, afterall they call me the grouchy gourmet. Well, you get the idea. Check back often . It all starts in earnest soon.

8 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Fabulous! You do have a good writing style for sure and at -15 what a better way to spend your time! I will add you to my list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    Great to hear from you! What a great idea!!! I'm short on time now but will follow up later.

    I'm sure this will be an entertaining adventure for all of us who know you.

    Terry W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap. Next you'll be tweeting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to talk story from afar !!!Looking foward to the tales...cjf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jeff! No real surprise here. I see a song coming out this eh? It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea----just don't tell too many secrets about some of your blonde friends. And, I'm in for a cervasa after you sing, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy". Love ya like a sister, Char-diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jeff, this is great! I'll be enjoying your "perspective" on the world, your interesting use of the language and new phrases I can later use to quote you, such as, "I'm not that good but I'm loud." I think those were your words as you were wanging out a rock tune in your garage (with the doors open). Thanks for making this blog. I live vicariously through folks like you. MontanaRoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you guys for looking. I'm actually working up a story on fishing so look back soon. I'm having a little trouble with the pics but I'll get it all dialed in. If you've got something you've ever wondered about just let me know, if I don't have an answer I'll make something up.

    ReplyDelete