Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Pro Guide tip #2

Before we get to that next secrets of that profession deal that I promised I gotta let you all know that these tips are only for the use of my readers and not to be passed on or reprinted. After all I still have a lot of fishing to do and would like to keep an edge on the other fishermen here on the World Famous at Mile 14. But feel free to use these tips and when you see your success sky rocket just give me a knowing wink when we pass on the river. You know the old adage, 90 % of the fish are caught by 10 % of the fishermen so I hope this helps you join our fraternity.

Pro Guide tip 2
Yup, licorice...some of my hot tips that will be coming will be of the motivational and kinda cerebral side of chasing fish but this one is totally mechanical. Licorice is the fishiest food in the world, if you don't like it, you ain't fishing. I guess it all started with Bert and Keith Holtan about 33 years ago. Along with other good fish food like Hershey miniature Cookies and Cream bars they would always bring licorice and walla, we started noticing that we had success. The word spread through F Troop and before you knew it all the best were bring licorice and we were making the rods bend along with our belts. The legendary Geno would bring Licorice, Nate Morton would bring licorice and Tobias raised the bar with Australian licorice....Now this is important for any of you with a weak stomach that think they can get by with Red Vines or the other flavored candies that are NOT licorice, suck it up because that stuff won't work. Why you ask ?....Well it's simple. We all know that salmon are driven by their olfactory sense and Anise which is the taste of licorice is accepted world wide as a fish bite stimulant, I spend hundreds, well some, dollars every year on a wide  array of anise scent products and you know the deal....I'm a legend.... Now you might ask what eating licorice has to do with putting it's smell on your bait. Well that's a dumb question. You'll see on Pro Guide tip # 542 that you also need to be a 100 % guy, what's worth doing is worth over doing, right ? So, you gotta eat a LOT of it, it's gotta be on your breath, stuck between your teeth, your fingers need to be sticky with it and never mind that we all know it contributes to high blood pressure, you gotta oooze licorice from your pores. Remember the time we ate the 2 pound bag Nate ?....damn , this is making me hungry....
It's been killing me to get a good video of my new Electric guitar for you but I just haven't had the right production until now. As I worked this song up I had to remember how Jet Dog would go to the bed room as soon as I opened a guitar case...One night at Angels Paradise in Mazatlan I was amped up and crooning away for my friends and from the other side of the building, the side Ernie says is the hard drinking side I hear someone yell " shut the #&*@ up and get a haircut "..... I hollered back " don't think you're the first one to tell me that "....
And hey, no comments about that 18 inches of forehead I've developed...OK ? 


4 comments:

  1. So do they sell licorice in maz or do I need to bring some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know I've never seen it there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, I buy the licorice theory however I hate black Licorice and Red Licorice has ZERO anise so what's the alternative, put anise in your bath water! Anyway it's been driving me crazy that my "Who's Fishing" app stopped working and yours still records. I put some effort into it and VOILA!!!! it works as I simply went to the link at the bottom. See you help people and you don't even know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm....the solution just might be anisette liquor. Just make a nice tall soda and anisette cooler and fish on. Best for bank fishing I'd say, you know how we are about boats and alcohol

    ReplyDelete