Saturday, January 26, 2019

Life's a song

Mother Earth has changed since I was a child,

The east is a beast and the west is really wild,

and the headlines say the news is bleak and the future don't look so bright -- Toby Keith

Some times I feel like I'm in a song. Just when you think that people are mean, it seems to be spreading , maybe the dark is winning....maybe it's worst than we thought....WELL, in Jeff's world something always happens to make sense of the nonsense. Sometimes it's a little thing, sometimes it's just freedom and nice deep breath, sometimes it's the power of people, wonderful people that make me smile and realize this ol world ain't doin so bad....
It's Tim's first morning to fish here at Team X south so you know we did. Tides wrong, waves wrong, no fish, no birds....it was great. As we were breaking camp this couple walks up and starts the teasing immediately.....' no fish ???...the 12 year old on the Jetty has 2...mmm, well we weren't really trying and every fisherman would rather see a kid catch one than catch one himself....right ??? Right ??? In 15 short minutes Tim and I got to know and admire Alfredo and Susan. Alfredo is Mazatlateco and about the youngest 71 year old I ever met. He's the Mexican Age Class Iron Man champ so we'll be rooting for him at next years event. We compared six packs, life's direction and the happen chance of knowing people in common when you ask and notice the right language....the language of love / communication  / respect.  Susan and I speak tourista well. She was in the Hotel business in Aspen Colorado so you know she knows the way. She has a daughter in Valdez who is so outoorsy active that the men can't keep up, I expect just like her mother. And oh, what a smile when we talk about birds and nature....So hey you three, thanks for being who you are, you're steering the ship in the right direction, so thanks, and welcome to Jeff's world. This ol world is gonna be just fine.😎
Bet ya never seen anything in the world like that before eh ? Well I hadn't either until MPeasy smelled it but it still took her 3 days to finally inspector Clouseau that deal and track it down to my fishing tackle satchel....That's what a 2 peso Mandarin Orange looks like when you forget about in your fishing bag for 6 weeks. It was actually  kinda soft , fuzzy and cuddly. It reminded me a bit of my 4th grade science project where I got petri dishes from the hospital and then breathed into them and let them culture so people could see what germs looked like....when I revealed my project (orange) by the reaction you'd have thought I had unleashed the Adromeda Strain.  Oh well...
That would be Maxwell Steven King, my son who also out fished me this week. Not bad for a city guy eh ? He hauled in this respectable Monda on unfamiliar fishing gear and in the middle of the day, a chip off the ol block as they say. Here's a pic of the the three of us on our up and over hike at 9:00 a.m. , about as early as the nocturnal Max gets up....at least on vacation.
 Minnesota Fats when playing the Tuxcedo'd  Will Mosconi said " putting a Tux on a pool player is like putting ice cream on a hot dog, it don't work "...Well the pic below proves that you can put linen on a fishing guide and transform him into the well respected Don Julio...Can you imagine what a little Pro Cure could do for that outfit eh ? And thanks for wonderful night out MP and all.
So here's the deal for all of you that come to Mile 14 to see the dead fish pics that I am / used to be famous for . I guess we can frame this into Pro Guide Tip # 7 . When you come back next week one of the following will happen for sure !
1.  I will catch a fish
2.  I will lie about a fish
3.  I will borrow someones fish
4.  I will buy a fish
5.  In the case of the last three I'll have MP take my name off the shirts.


                                                                       

1 comment:

  1. Mother Earth changed alright, it was flat when you were born LOL. You keep doing what you do, enjoying life. Rock on bro.

    ReplyDelete