Thursday, May 31, 2012

Double Digits ????

We had a guy in a rental car go through the gate yesterday wearing a nice Seattle Mariner coat and when MP asked him it turns out he works for our team.  She tell me that this guy says to keep a close eye on them because they have some young guys who are really going to come along...Well of course they do....right after we trade them to another a team. The league is full of exceptional players that came up from the Mariner farm system. Adam Jones, Freddie Garcia, Brandon Morrow, Wille Blomquist to name a few. So it was like magic when I turned the Mariner game on and saw this...
You hardly ever see double digit ball games...and you certainly never see them generated by the Mariners...AND against the team with the best record in the American League which might be the best team in baseball, the Texas Rangers. We crushed one of the leagues steadiest starters Derick Holland in the second inning for 12 hits and 8 runs. Then followed that up with 14 hits and another 8 runs off of reliever Takeyama in the 3rd inning. Wow...then along the way we scored 5 more to finish with a whopping 21 runs, a headline in any ones local newspaper.  The awesome hitting power of Texas did shine through for 8 runs, enough to win most games....but not this one. And oh, that guy swinging the bat is Dustin Ackley or new 2nd baseman and lead off hitter.

I guess I'm kind of known for my passion for things and my loyalty to them. So , I'm feeling like we've turned a corner here and all the lettuce I use for Direct TV is paying off. I've already won the Daytona 500 this year and now I'm feeling a Mariner playoff run...throw in 9 or 10 dozen King salmon and limit days of silvers along with some sun and smiles....I gotta great feeling anybody wanna bet???

No comments:

Post a Comment