Monday, March 17, 2014

Speechless

You guys know me. I never run out of things to talk about, well almost never. But this has been a weird week, it's been my re entry week and not much has been going on here at Mile 14. I guess we missed one of the strangest winters of all time and we can kinda see the remnants of it. There's no snow, it's so icy that for me and jet-dog every walk is a potential hip breaker, the town is quiet, fish news is over, the line at the Post Office today was one, I run into people who say " welcome home"....it's cool. Here's a pic of my favorite thing. That poor old river has broken up and flowed and refroze so many times this year  it just has to be confused, but hang on baby, summers coming and as my friend Dan Sterchi says " the fish are running and life's easy". I hope.
St. Paddy's day was once stupid for me....that's all I gotta say about that. But this morning at the gym as I chatted with Mike Sweeney our local celebrity Irishman I realized how excited he was for the day and the annual parade that he's always Grand Marshall of. Of course I'm not one to miss anything so it's a tradition....you stand on the south side of the spur highway, the school kids and church kids come by, then the guys from the radio station and then one or two 'causes' and of course Joe Kashi and his Judo students and.....is this becoming a run on sentence ? But the point is, like life itself it's  the same every year but with subtle differences you have to notice, you have to look for, it's there, it really is. And it's my home, my people ,my friends. So here's a few pics of the event.  I especially like the pic of my gym-rat friend Nathan up close....see ya tomorrow buddy.
I wish I could describe to you just how hard it's snowing right now. As descriptive as I can be...all I can say is imagine the heaviest, wettest,biggest, slowest flakes you've ever seen. And for my friends who have never seen snow, and I have a lot of those....imagine the most wonderful white, and it's moving  so it makes everything behind it look grey. If you focus on the snow it becomes a blur, if you focus on trees they become a blur.....I'll write more real soon. I hope you come back.

1 comment: