Sunday, March 9, 2014

No matter where you go...there you are

I know that sounds stupid but it's really how I'm trying to live my life. Tomorrow me and MPeasy  gotta jump the jet.  I guess it's one of the nice things of ageing, I'm learning not to be in a hurry for anything. I'm typing this from an outdoor palapa at 5:30 a.m. wearing shorts....that's hard to give up, but where I'm going, home to Mile 14 is a pretty cool thing to. MP says I could stay and I guess I could but we don't want to be one of  'those' couples...we gotta be together and I love her more than I love Mazatlán so it's adios MZT, hola Slowdotna.

As we were walking out the malecon the other night I looked back at where the carnival parade was headed and snapped this pic. Now Mazatlán gets some bad press from time to time but I'm here to tell you the people are what I call 100% ers , I mean in how many business districts do you see this ?

It's unusually warm in Alaska I guess so when I get home the ' re entry' that I experience every year might be a little different. The river is already open and running so we'll have the earliest marine salvage season of all time. Maybe I'll find a record anchor harvest.  I'll go to work hard on cleaning and burning all the dead fall we have on the property at what we call the Black Forrest portion of Mile 14. In other words, I'm gonna try to stay busy. So it's sunseta on MZT 2014, the time flys, I just hope to stay healthy and happy, returning every year just like those birds and whales we see in both places.
My fish count wasn't outstanding this year. The warm water kept the Corvina away and although those Roosterfish that I love where everywhere I only caught one. But the joy is in the pursuit and I certainly did a ton of that. I fished new places with new friends. I caught Bass, I caught Robalo, I caught Snapper and even a few Corvina and of course....Toro heaven. There's a pic of my last one.
A couple months ago as we left Slah's house  I snapped this pic of him. Outstanding. It really captures his character and I'm going to miss his friendship. He has a boyishness about him that makes our fishing trips seem like we're transported in time. Out on a secluded playa, just us, focused on just fishing.......Adios buddy and thanks for everything.
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment