Monday, September 19, 2016

Besties

Our best friends Chris and Melinda came down for what I call our annual ' gourmet fishing ' event.  It actually wasn't annual lately as Melinda had to take a year off to kick a little breast cancer butt so that made it even more important that we do what we do best....laugh, fish, laugh, fish, laugh....So it wasn't easy to get a pic of these two concentrating but I got it done. Pretty impressive eh, I don't mean to take to much credit or for that matter any credit but you can see the level of expertise that comes from being married to a couple expert fisherman...but then again my friend Ralph Imholt said this about experts " an ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure "
When I fish with these guys and especially MP I try to be mindful that everybody is totally capable around here....as MP likes to say " just let me do it my own way ! " ...and.....that's what we do. So when Chris caught hold of some phantom line and reeled in half of the Kenai river with it I was reminded of this pic I took last time we got together of the person I love the most doing it her ' own way '. mmmmmm..... a little similiar ?
It had been raining like the proverbial cow and the flat rock so when it got good and light and I noticed how brown and chalky the water was I suggested we just hang it up and go get that nap we all needed after staying up all the way until 9:00 p.m. but we decided to give it a chance. And wouldn't ya know it wasn't long before the rod went off and Chrisco had this dandy with the biggest Flat Fish lure I've ever seen used for Silvers in it's mouth. I had a hankering that in the muddy water the bigger lure might work so I suggested it to Chris because I sure as heck wasn't going to experiment on myself. jeez, look what happened.
I've netted thousands of salmon in my life and I still get a little hinky from time to time. So with that in mind I get a pretty good chuckle out of watching MP net fish....here's shot from the cheap seats as MP handles the netting and Chris is applying the ' coup de gras '. I got me an aluminum min-bat and I just love the sound of either a salmon dispatch or a Little Leaguer knocking one through the gap.

You'll notice on day two MP had her Ski gear on....it was a little chilly so I figure that's the reason she had Chris hold up the fish for her... she's certainly not afraid of an ol slimey but she is all girl for sure and who needs to get bloody when ya got a guy around. It's a great pic. These two people have changed my life....they're the best. And you Boo-boo, well, we're just so happy that you're OK, we're OK and let's keep doing what we do best.....


No comments:

Post a Comment