Thursday, March 14, 2019

Re Entry

Yup, we're on final approach. This time next week I'll be reporting from the banks of the world famous, it'll be quiet, it'll be gorgeous and believe it or not I'm hoping it will be rest full.. But you know in life there's always a good and a bad, a ying and a yang for everything and there's plenty to miss here in Mexico and plenty that won't be. So how about one of those lists that I say gives order do a disordered life. I once heard that a good way to help make decisions is to make a good /bad list...well this ain't that but maybe I oughta start thinking that way...makes more sense than writing a letter and not mailing it as Dear Abby would have you do.
What I'll miss
1. Fishing in the morning...being alone. Working out the things on your mind as you walk and cast and see that yup, you're first on the beach, it's just you, nothing and I mean nothing can go wrong. 
2. Mexico of course....I love the people who smile and share so easily. I love the food, the taco stand the chicken...you want the best chicken in the world ? well just look for a cloud of smoke and the smell of Mesquite as you travel and walla....how about this homemade Ford Suburban...soooo coool.
3.....the Fabulouso aisle. I know it sounds weird but every store in america should have a Fabulouso aisle or display. It smells wonderful and the colors just can't keep you from smiling...So in Jeff's world if I'm shopping for Fabulouso I gotta try them all, whats best for me, the Electric Cherry or the Bold Ocean Blue ?....maybe even the Sherwood Forrest Green....decisions, decisions...
4. My friends....I'll miss them all and if I forgotten you it's only and over sight. all of you do sooo much for me, it's this place on the earth that you share so generously with me. Ernie, Slah, Maria, Willy, Alejandro, Stewart and Jay, Kiki, Raymundo and Carlos. Tim, Kenny, Juan, Sean...and the cheese guy at the market, we love you all.
5.  Fish for dinner, at least the southern style, plus here I always have french fries with my deep fried pescado but up north we'll be stopping the papa's habit, back to the gym ya know....Here's pic of a bucket full I filled up for a friend the other night.
Things I won't miss.
1.  Condo Life...
See you  Alaskan's real soon....

1 comment: