Saturday, March 23, 2019

It's just a bit different

It's like silent, the air is clean and crisp, it's boy howdy dark at night and I have a feeling of well being and contentment. Now I know that in a few months I'll be itching for Mazatlan again but for right now I'm happy guy right here at Mile 14 of the World Famous. It's my place, my element. It's an amazing thing to me that with modern transportation your life can change so drastically so fast...A few Tanqueray's and 4 flights in 20 hours and walla, home sweet home....and as usual we forgot the blue print. Our house sitter locked the dead bolt that we don't have a key to because just a couple years ago we had Arkey the locksmith drill out the door knob when we forgot where we hid the key for that always forgotten ' safe keeping'.
Kinda cool that a 65 year old guy can still do that, of course I had no choice. I'm just glad there wasn't a sharp knife on or in the sink or I'd of had that vasectomy finally.

What a wonderful night we had. I played my guitars and then barbied the first steak we've had in near 5 months, a little Merlot and listened to the SoHi boys loose in the semi finals of the State B-ball championship by only 5 points....And sleeping soooo good, the King sized bed is big enough that when MP rolls over and throws that elbow like she does she can't reach me. And then we walk down to the river. The snow is going fast as it's not freezing at night. You've seen this shot many a time from our overlook, the river is clear and running high and maybe an entire month ahead of the historical ice out date.
I suppose it's part of the mild winters we're having but every spring I find more and more beetle killed spruce trees and they really change the look of the property. When the snows gone I'll fire up the ol Stihl Farm Boss and go to work, this year I'll have plenty of time.
Everybody that's been to the  paradise that is Stewart's Landing will recognize these two pics. The first is the parking lot and the walk way to the river and the next shot it from the launch looking straight down the river, gorgeous in a uniquely Alaskan way.
So I'm excited about the upcoming season. Ya know I've spent the last 37 summers doing my very best to help other people have fun and enjoy this special place...So this year I'm going to do my very best to help myself have fun so it should make for good blog editions. We'll be fishing but without some of the everyday routine of the past....like in the rain, in the dark, when there's no fish and we can go ANY time we want, it'll be great. I hope you all keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment