Sunday, May 12, 2019

The nurse can see you now

What a life. I've been busy...but not to busy to work up a song that MP and I fell in love with. If or when you see Clint Eastwood's new movie The Mule do not leave before the credits role as you'll miss this Toby Keith song, speaks the truth.  Ever since we saw the movie a few months back at the Platino Cinemex in Mazatlan whenever I get toooo serious or start acting like a jerk or especially a mean old jerk MP reminds me...don't let the old man in.
Just this morning after I cooked bacon and eggs then washed the dishes I had the bright idea to dry the cast iron skillet by putting it on the stove on high for a few minutes and then put it away in the cupboard...what do you suppose I forgot to do ? Yup, I helped MP into the shower and then closed the doors behind me and started to the daily move of the plant starts from the house to the greenhouse. On about my 4th trip I heard the yelling and then the smoke alarms....damn....I will say however that the cast iron fry pan is about as clean as it's ever been.

Since I last reported into Mile 14 here not much has changed. But my patient is doing way better and I expect she will be released from 24 hour care soon and maybe even be able to drive by the end of this month, what a great day that will be ! And I mean really drive, not one of these geriatric bumper cars.
This next picture falls into ' holy moly, he didn't catch any fish so he posted a sunset picture again' category.
Give me a break huh ? I just never have seen cauliflower like that before, gorgeous huh ? just like a 35 pound shiney King salmon that I didn't catch.

And in the ' holy moly, he didn't catch any fish so he posted a sunset picture again ' category, phase 2...
Jeff's Soap Box :  When MP reads this she's going to say this is one of those ' don't let the old man in ' moments but I'm going to risk it. I suppose you all remember that a few weeks back I said I was worried about our town when I posted the pic of the massage parlor right nest to the gambling store which is next to the pot store which is next to an 'adult boutique...Well when I ride my bike at 7 a.m. I'm noticing a fairly new and growing sector of our town, homeless / vagrant peoples. Now I get the homeless part, misfortune and life's curve balls can get anybody at anytime and with another Alaska summer coming on what better town to camp in than ours, along the banks of the world famous.  It's gorgeous here and we have wonderful people to help everyone traveling through this planet....what I don't get is the loitering and public drinking / smoking / rudeness / part that seems to go with it.  Jeez you guys be a little cool O.K. ? And here's the ' don't let the old guy in ' moment...For all my neighbors, we need to stand up and get this all stopped. Is this how we want our visitors to view us, is this what we want our kids seeing as normal ? Do we want our old folks fore go their daily walk along the river because they are intimidated ? Here's a couple pics I took right in the middle of town. If any of my readers are Soldotna Police give me a call if you want and I can show you the jungle, but I suppose you already know....
See ya in a week...we WILL go fishin....

No comments:

Post a Comment