Monday, December 23, 2019

Numbers

With the darkest day of the year a few days ago I had to reflect on this lifestyle me and MPeasy have adopted. I ain't a real math guy but I do seem to have a way of putting observations to practice. So, right now at Mile 14 Northern Division it gets light at 10:12 a.m. and dark at 3:55 p.m. for a total of 5 hours and 43 minutes of daylight....Mile 14 Southern Division has sunrise at  6;43 a.m. and sunseta at 5:26 p.m. for 11 hours and 46 minutes of daylight. So here where I type we get 6 HOURS and THREE MINUTES more daylight than where I've spent my entire adult life.....now that's worth a plane ride and driving an old truck instead of a new one !

My other number is 84.3 , which when multiplied by 2.2 equals 185.46....Yup, I've made it. I've weighed 185 for 3 mornings now and it's kinda funny about goals....I finally made it after trying for at least 6 years and ya know what, I'm just setting new goals. I found out I wasn't giving myself enough time to get it done right as slowly is better so now I gotta keep going. I told MP that when I hit 185 I would post another pic of me in a Speedo like I did when I was trying to buff out weight lifting....well...she said she wouldn't take the pic and she didn't really like the idea of me recruiting somebody here at geriatric-ville so I had to settle for these....Not bad for a 66 year old . I don't think I look that great but I gotta tell ya, I FEEL great.

Jeff's formula : the 10,000 steps you hear about wasn't taking me where I wanted to go so now I try to get 15,000 everyday , that's about  7 and 1/2 miles.
Breakfast : Two eggs, protein from bacon or ham, beans and an avocado, bread, melon. It's a very hardy breakfast with 1/2 or more of my food calories for the day.
Lunch : pork rinds and dip
Supper : Protein from Chicken or Fish ( we're almost entirely done with red meat ) and a salad.
ABSOLUTELY NO SNACKING.
I also eat a protein bar and have a mandarin  orange every morning while fishing.
and , between 2 and 5 Pacifico's a day and red wine with supper.
I know this ain't a scientific keto or Mediterranean diet that you heat about but for me it's the deal and I feel like I'm about as healthy as a guy could ask for.
Almost 20 years ago while cutting our teeth in Mazatlan we walked out of the Mayan Palace to the bus stop to find fresh cement. I took out my leatherman tool and using the screwdriver I scratched this...JK + MP est; 1978 Alaska...Well it's still there at the bus stop and so's my love.

With our area of Cerrittos having a growth spurt we have new buses and many new bus routes . The other day we got on one that we had no idea where it went just to find out, how else do you so it ? And lucky for us it wandered through the Colonia of Pradera before we got off at the Sendero Mall that we've always wanted to shop...that's how my life seems to work. Most of the buses are new so it was cool to get in one of the old ones that's customized to reflect the driver. I took these pics to give you an idea but I missed the best pic. As we stepped out I commented on the kids shoes he had hanging from the ceiling, He said gracias, I said cooooool. How about that tuck and roll eh ?
MP and I want to wish you ALL the best Christmas ever. I have to add one thing and if you wonder where in the world that came from, well I can't tell you.....but it's this...If any of you are prone to the Christmas blues we hear about or if you feel lonely, please, please please don't over think this old ride around the earth. You're loved , Period. Believe it or not I've suffered depression and panic attacks my entire life and now that I know what it is I know what to do, I get active, find the good, don't over indulge, play music... you're loved, I love you !
MERRY CHRISTMAS
πŸ˜ŽπŸŸπŸ πŸŽΌπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽ…πŸŽ…

No comments:

Post a Comment