Friday, January 31, 2020

Everyday life

I got a good excuse.  My 6 year old computer has really slowed down and is behaving unusual with annoying windows that pop open when I'm writing and writing is a big deal for me. It's kinda weird as I could use my phone or my pad but ever since taking poetry from Dick Hugo at U of M many years ago I've found that the keyboard itself is a huge part of the creative process. So I got it back  today after using my by buddy Cesar to scrub the computer for me. About 10 years ago I got a horrible virus and was going to buy a new computer. Well, I had Cesar take it and it came back better than new. So this time he emptied the caches, cleaned the hard drive and updated all of my programs for 1800 peso, a C note at Mile 14. The programs include Microsoft Office Suite that itself is worth a hundred bucks. So if any of you need computer or internet help the guys at Aztech are the best, give Cesar a call at 669 9943705 , he'll fix ya up.
Need the good stuff....PescaMaz is the place. Located behind the basketball court across the beach from Playa Norte just past the Fishermans monument . Just go inland at the Turtle for now (Carnaval eh ? ) and take a randy at the first road on the corner of the kids water park.
Rafa Vega not only has the good stuff but it's mainly geared to us surf guys. With all the high tech stuff I got the last 4 nice fish I got including 2 Robalo just minutes apart came on a homemade feather jig....he's got them. Just ask for a ' Plouma ' and he has all sizes. I learned this year that I'm shopping for Mexico fish in Mexico from here on out...no more of that ol,,,,maybe this will work ?
THE place to buy shrimp is right around the corner. Back on the Malecon at North Beach just walk south past the Puerto Viejo Hotel and it's ridiculously narrow staired entry way you'll see a blue Pescaderia...that ain't it....You'll also see a store with freezers along the wall that have all the product displayed. The guy will tell you which shrimp are farm raised and which are wild, He has Kilo bags or 5 kilo bags and in all sizes. He has Pulpo, Jaiba, some Pesca and it all fresh frozen. Ya know we quit the shrimp ladies, too expensive, no consistency and they seem to have a weird anti septic smell sometimes and what I know about it what everyone should know about it....FRESH seafood of any kind should have NO smell.

Lately we've given up on the Pino Suarez market. It's great fun to shop there but it can be really busy and sometimes it seems we've paid to much on certain days......mmmm.... so now we buy at the Juan Carrasco Market just 2 blocks off the Malecon in this same area, it's a block form PescaMaz. We like that they always have prices on the produce and the polo and carne guys have prices posted on a reader board, Today MP got everything for our version of ranchero sauce. # pounds of Tomatos, one huge onion, 3 poblano peppers , a head of garlic, a handful of cilantro and a jalapeno for bumps. Drizzle good olive oil over the pile and bake at 375 for a loooong time ( until you see some carmelization) then pulverize it real good and boy howdy....throw a tortilla down and pile that stuff up with a soft boiled egg on top and then sprinkle some panella cheese on top 😊... Bonus Tip in that market look for Comida Econimicaon the far side from the ocean. Luis is hard to peg down on the day but supposedly he has Mom's homemade Chili Relenos every other Friday. Oh man, they are good. They look absolutely perfect and are served in bowl with a light chili consomme so it's like a Chili releno soup... I ate one in 3 minutes.
MP buying....the rancheros cost 67 peso with a cantaloupe included, about 3 and half bucks..Her's pic of the before and after.
And when  you get down to the Juan Carrasco Market that we highly recommend say high to the deer guy for me...and give him some peso's, it's the energy and the locals that make his life of our so grand . Ya know in the heartland he'd be a 4 point but in Montana just a 2 point, whats with that ?

One last tip that you can rely on,,,All my buddies use this stuff when they get a knife slice or a tooth gouge from a fish or any scratch that could lead to an infection . An infection here is a serious deal and that is the  last thing you need when away from your own health care. I had no idea that penicillin could be used topical. This one here is penicillin and sulpha drug that was an old school infection fighter back in the day. SO...for my fishing buddies in Alaska I'll make ya a deal. If you'll comment on the blog and get me some dings on my google account I'll bring you one of these babies. Ya know years ago on my Monday day off from guiding I had to go to the clinic for a shot and then a follow up with fish poison on my left hand...gotta have all your fingers for the guitar ya know.

1 comment:

  1. Thays a great deal on the computer rework especially with the microsoft office suite.

    ReplyDelete