Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Anybody feel like getting a New Year ?

 Well I am...

MP and I haven't missed a day for a long time now, we walk three miles every morning. Three miles is about 7200 steps for me which pretty much guarantees that by the end of the day I will get the 10,000 I want....moss don't grow on a rolling stone ya know. So here in Green Valley we've found the best 3 miler we've ever encountered. Its the old Canoa Hills golf course which inexplicably couldn't make it and was closed and then turned into hiking trails . In Mexico when you do an urban hike you really have to look down and watch your feet as all the sidewalks and curbs have different heights not to mention holes in the road etc. When people have asked me if Mexico is dangerous I say that it's VERY dangerous, you must look where you're walking. So it's cool that this has the old cart path everywhere.
The vistas along the way are beautiful and there's surprising wildlife and birds.
Not only is the hike 3 miles but it has enough elevation change to get you a little cardio every now and then...and how nice of the local recreation committee to know their people and warn you...I wonder how many heart attacks they had before they bought the first sign. In any case you guys at GVR, thanks for thinking of us who think we are but ain't forever young.
The above sign of course is there liability release so the next one is my favorite....Slow down and take a breather amigo no sense crashing...
We've got some people here with some serious time on their hands. Me, I'm not the get bored type but I understand those who do and of course with the covid crisis all of the GVR activities are closed so people just have to free lance, us musicians call it impromptu.
This guy I named Big Nose Baldy and he and his neighbors watch over our hike from discreet tree limbs. They are hand carved wood and really well done. I find a new one it seems every day. Someday just like the guy who always left the bottle of wine for Edgar Allan Poe on the grave on his birthday it's a mystery worth cracking....and Inspecter Cluesou #003 is hard on the job.
This guy I named Baldy....do you see a pattern here ? mmmm....I do believe there's clue here.
Who wouldn't call this guy E.T. ? and once again, no hair...It must have something huge to do with the mystery because the hint went from subtle to extreme. Marty and Rick Lagina investigating Oak Island would be firing up the backhoe about now.
This guy is Woody Elvis and I believe him to be a caricature of the investigator who is in search of the Bald Cartel and put himself out there as a deterrent...to let the Bald guys know that someone is watching for any nefarious activity here along our southern border .  ( that's another blog entry to come )

Not only is our new favorite walk furnished with wildlife, beauty and mystery but it also comes with a bar cart...what a great idea !

And if you get the munchies or you get low sugar there's citrus everywhere, and I mean everywhere.
So this morning Green Valley ended it string of 79 days in a row without rain. It was gorgeous watching the clouds move through and I learned what they say about the catcus is true. They suck up as much water as fast as they can and you instantly see a difference in them. This little Barrel cactus went from dull orange / brown to this,,,
Storms over the Santa Rita's and Madera Canyon.
I got MPeasy some really nice new binoculars for Christmas and I have to say that I'm getting into the bird deal...who'd a thunked it eh ?  These two are the holy grail around here. It took us forever to see a Road Runner and as happens in life now we're seeing them everywhere.

Well this old world has certainly changed in this last year and I'm not sad to see it move on. We wish you all a very Happy....ah, ya know just even a normal New Year would be great eh ?

This is my favorite pic that I've snapped so far on this trip. I like it even better than seeing  Nomad. I spotted her sun worshipping and it was so quiet and so pretty that I got it....that same feeling I get on the beach sometimes when life is just right. I like the angle and the lighting and......of course the sun always comes up .


No comments:

Post a Comment