Monday, March 1, 2021

All growed up.

 It's the weirdest thing. Until your parents pass and leave you alone there's just something where you still feel like a kid and it's a comfort to know that in somebody's eyes you're still just a kid...Odd to think that with MP's moms passing she's now an orphan of sorts. My folks left years ago so when Mary Beaudette went last week I guess I new the route a bit and wasn't surprised when we heard the ol ' she had a great life and that she was 95 ' ....when the people you love are 95 whats wrong with 97 ? 

Some how or another I used to think she didn't like me. She was just a mother who like all of them wanted the best for the kids and I was, well, a, mmmm....not as good at life as I am now. I think we just didn't understand each other and throw in a side order of being off to Alaska with her baby girl well our relationship took a awhile  but she came to love me and I her.

Mary was a tough woman. Growing up on a homestead on the Missouri breaks. Raising 5 kids without the help of a husband. Putting herself through college while raising the kids with no $$$$.  As I sat the other night and listened to MP and her sister reminisce I realized how difficult for her it must have been to have the kids in the orphanage while she made a future for them, the kids grew up on wild game and a pot of deer stew only had meat in it for the first serving.  BUT, the proof was in the pudding, her 5 children are remarkable individuals. I think the best thing a parent can help a child with is a positive self image and that she did, the women in the family have a certain strength and independence who were taught that there are no obstacles and their children were gifted this as well. 

Mary was moved into an assisted living facility after a crash a month ago. She was just to independent for that and she just choose to leave is what I believe. Our last gift besides the gift of love which is eternal was Phizer...The covid  strategy at the senior residence was to inoculate all the people who live there as well as all family and frequent visitors. So tomorrow we go to Helena for our second shot and our lives will get way closer to normal, just with one less person we really love .



1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Mom MP, in the next few weeks you are going to be flooded with so many beautiful memories. Ken and Diane

    ReplyDelete