Wednesday, September 18, 2024

It's all foreign to me...fishing for life

 

It really is....but , I'm adjusting . My friends on the Kenai have suffered through King Salmon closures of course and this fall they waited for the usually dependable Silver run to develop and then suffered through the slowest fishing that run has ever delivered....so....where am I going with this ?  Well, I have no right to weeny whine about my own empty fish box. It's been humbling . The fishing report says  cow bells down 30 ft with lead core line . So I get the color coded lead core . I get line counter reels . I get down riggers . I got 30 sets of cowbells . I got as many hard baits as Capital Sports and .....nadda . The other day a guy watched me put the Minnow VI on the trailer and he said " wow , you're good at that " . I replied " yup it's the only part of it I'm good at ".  OK Jeff, remember your mantra ' The joy is is in the pursuit ' ! And oh, that Pike you see there is 3 fishing trips worth . And you wonder why my blog is late ?

So I caught this Jumbo unit with a 6 inch blade on a Gerber Knife... We're not sure what the hell it is but you gotta admit ol #003 is still a High Liner .  We're still living off the ' the fat of the land ' just lacking a bit of white flakey protein with tarter sauce. As we say in the business, how about this load.
I caught these gorgeous Montana scenes yesterday on a Panasonic Lumix DC Vario water and shock proof camera.  Tom has been itching to go hunting and of course I don't hunt big game as I have a personal code that came from killing soooo many gorgeous fish through the years that now I don't kill anything that has eye lashes. So we went Grouse hunting on a mountain he knows outside of Wolf Creek Montana home of the legendary Oasis Bar. For the first time in my recent life we did serious mountain climbing in that old white Chevy of mine and man oh man....drop that baby into granny low and she'll climb a telephone pole. I was kinda proud of my 26 year old truck. We saw one Blue Grouse that we jumped with the truck and it flew down a 45 degree hill into a tree and we made the adult decision to let that guy win. It was steep and a long way down and Tom's a year older than me.....hehehe
About a week ago me and MPeasy went to Garnet Ghost town, this is not a place you get to by accident. 
This place is way up in the mountains on an 11 mile road that only goes there. Most of the town burned down years ago but what's left certainly shows you the life of the Gold Rushers .  It's amazing picturesque , in the bottom photo it would have been nice to get a pic of just how the town is but of course the Park Rangers hands their trucks parked everywhere. It's everywhere with those people, they treat the Park like it was theirs and not ours....

Well I wish I had a new song for you but I don't. So instead of that I have a video that I took 10 years ago on the road below our house.  It was this time of year almost to the day. The animals were in rut and weren't much interested in much else until one saw me. The video is only 35 seconds long so turn the volume up and watch it until the end and you'll see old guy move fast .  We're going to do some fall fishing so check back, I'll post on the first successful day, you might even hear me crowing like an old Banty rooster...


No comments:

Post a Comment