Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A picture is worth......

waiting all winter for. The last two years the ice went out here at Mile 14 on April 15th, we're a few days late but that's how she looked this morning. Flowing waters, aqua fresca, sounds of birds and that light little rumble of the ice banging off rocks...yahtzee, fishing season is going to happen fast now. The pic below I took from my gutting table this morning, gorgeous, one of my customers told me one time that my gutting table had a better view than his hot tub.
I always feel like nothing is ever by accident so this morning there was some inter connectivity going on, I guess I'm pretty in tune with that ol creek. I've been sleeping until 6 and then to the gym at 7. But, all summer long I'm up at 4 am with or without a fishing trip, its like in my DNA. So this morning I awoke at 4:00 am exactly. I kinda rolled and tossed and turned some and really didn't get back to sleep. So I got up and I new instantly the ice was out, there was a moist fog laying thick on the river valley and still pretty good at the house, 85 feet above the water. As I got the paper I could hear gulls and when I walked to the bluff I could hear that wonderful whistling that only mergansers make as they speed down the river a foot or two above it. Now why the ice goes out at night I don't know but that seems to always be the case so if any of you have a theory, I'd love to hear it.

So pretty soon this blog content oughta improve, me and that river have got a lot to do. I hope you keep coming back to smile 14...

2 comments:

  1. Did you get your boat up the hill to work on, as seen in 4/14 post photos?
    or are you carrying everything down to the boat launch to work on her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes Lori....today I took the radio out to rewire it all. Where I parked it is in the shade and no kidding, the snow was knee deep from the road to the boat. So its still at rest on the upper tier, sitting there quivering.

    ReplyDelete