Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sit-Rep

That was the situation this morning. I'm a guy that instant gratification is not fast enough for and this deal is driving me nuts. When I decide to do something ...its done...period... and not being able to get at my guide boat makes me feel like I'm  behind in my work schedule. I have new seats to install, I need to rewire my CD-radio so the moisture keeps Gary Allan from coming on when we don't need him and my wash down pump died last year and  needs replacing. Never mind that it usually takes a full day to clean, load  , massage and just work on the boat and feel good about it. For me its like practicing fouls shots for a basketball player, this guide gets warmed up with preparation, almost ritualistic. AND, a boat went down the river today while I was working on the  yard , but I'll still garner the self satisfaction of being the 2nd...or 3rd...or 15th....person down the river someday, depending on the snow melt. Oh well. If you scroll down two entries you can time lapse this deal, same pic eight days apart.

So I've been busy with launch chores. I've cut bunches of blown over trees, fixed the green house that one hit and widened our road by trimming, I hope the boys like it. For some reason this year that chainsaw and me aren't getting along like we used to. I guess I'm getting to realise what Walt Larson used to tell me years ago..."theres a lot of difference between show muscles and work muscles" .  So heres a pic of me and one of my creations blocking out the sun, but only for a bit thank goodness.
Years ago in the spring we had Snow Geese by the thousands stop on the Kenai River flats on their way farther north. But year after year there seemed to be less and less and everyone noticed. Well it seems that the ups and downs of nature are going the other way and we're seeing many more birds fly over. So MP and I went to the flats the other day and I was right, theres way more of everything eating the tasty submerged morsels on the flats. Most were way out of picture range so this was the best I could do, a bunch of Sandhill Cranes which I call Teradactyls because for some reason I see a similarity. They're loud, they're great flyers , we have nests in the swamp below our house, we live with and love em...OH, while I was taking this pic you could see a coyote slowly, creeping, staying low and trying to approach them.  MP didn't see it at first so I guess that coyote new what he was doing but eventually it moved some and she saw it. I felt like Marlin Perkins...."look Jim, theres one now"..............

No comments:

Post a Comment