Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I've got a good excuse...honest

I've been feeling like a jerk for not updating Mile 14. I know a lot of you just enjoy reading this but there's also a few - well quite a few people I hope that actually love me and I was afraid they'd be worried, after all we are in Mexico. I just haven't been in that upbeat writers mode as on Superbowl day I came down with my yearly dose of 'tourista'. I slept through most of Superbowl and of course the biggest thing with tourista is that you're kinda confined to the house, or outhouse in this case. But being a true veteran of  tourista and with help from Nurse Ratchet I was good enough to fish at Marmol on Tuesday. About noon thirty as I was waded out throwing a 2 ounce kroc and thinking about the king of the sea I began to sneeze. I thought it was allergy but now its morphed into the worst cold I've ever had. I have enough clear fluids coming out of me to end the drought in South Dakota. This morning I actually wasn't too bad and even went for my weekly massage...well, my masseuse Denise felt my head and said you gotta get out of here and she was right. My temp was 101.
So that's my Mantra. I hope my progress is good enough that I'll feel like a beer in a few days. And when I do I'll bring everybody that reads Mile 14 up to date on all the exciting things that happened while I was sick.
But I do want to print a couple pics before I go. The first two are looking north and then south from our place in Marmol, 25 miles from here. If anybody wonders why I'm so jazzed about surf fishing the story is told in two pics. And I'd bet ya all would feel just like I do, I'm sure of that.
Monday night as it got dark and  the nurse was preparing my soup there was a knock at the door. My new friend Francisco was so excited that he was overflowing...he'd caught his first Roosterfish.  He was gidddy with excitement, you can tell by that smile. Something about those fish and fishermen with passion...that fish made him a 12 year old for about 20 minutes. How cool.
Nothing load tests our marriage like me being sick. I mean jeez...how stupid do you look complaining about having a temp and being hot to a women that's been enduring hot flashes for the last five years? But last night was the coup de gras, the creme de la  crem of married life. As I sweated and sniffled in a bed way to small for the two of us she rolls over and says " CAN"T YOU SUFFER A LITTLE QUIETER ! ".

Wish me luck...I gotta get better.

1 comment:

  1. way to go MP. from a woman of a similar age. get well Jeff, there's fish to catch and stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete