Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Back @ Mile 14

I'm finally back into the flow of things enough to report on our northern migration, typical is all I can say. Luckily it was pretty warm when my nephew dropped us off at the house and we waited for my friend Arkey the locksmith. Seems like neither of us had the right key. One of those deals you run into where you put something somewhere so it won't get lost and guess what ? It dissappears. Of course Jet-Dog was pretty darn excited at seeing us through the windows and Arkey had to say that she really isn't that darn smart or she would've opened the door. She was a little out of gas by the time we got in. But no worries, it was your usual re-entry. A frozen truck battery and the computer gremlins got to MP so she's sporting a brand new Dell...but the unusual thing is...somebody stole our snow shovels. Man, of all the things in this world I'd risk my life for by going to Jeff Kings house and stealing something in broad daylight...it sure wouldn't be 3 snow shovels. And THEN, theres the work that goes along with them, I just don't get it. But, I don't get a lot of things.

Here's a pic of MP in her last water aerobics class. Everybody was so happy that they were all waving good bye to me. Wow, what a great pic.
After all my years in Mazatlan I noticed something in the airport....right on the concourse, right in the middle of the hall is a hopscotch court. What a great idea to help burn off tension for the guy that doesn't travel so well. I took this pic of MP hopping, she's really good but I had a trouble getting her pic in mid air.. I guess really good hopscotchers don't need to hop to high, maybe its a timed event.
The ol US of A could learn something here. This is the only way to board a plane. No nasty and confining jet way AND we use both the front and rear doors making the process twice as fast. Imagine that, common sense.
I'm convinced that if you keep positive and upbeat you'll notice something new everyday. Well when we headed for customs in L.A. I set a personal  best record in 'hallway walking'. That's by far the longest hallway I've ever seen, and I've been to Las Vegas. I asked the guy working there just how long he thought it was and he replied " man, its a long way, I clean it 4 times a shift"....mmmm....I got nothing to complain about, nothin.
And flying to Kenai the next day I finally got to see the wind farm on Fire Island that's been talked about for years. The native association put it together and at first the electric company said they wouldn't buy the juice. I guess they were thinking that after they dam up the Susitna River they wouldn't need it or any other environment friendly power. But on this day they were just humming away and it made me feel a little good about the future.
And of course when we got home it didn't take the mad gardener long to get to work. Put the snowshoes on to shovel ( with a flat #9 from the garage) a path to the greenhouses to get at the pots, and dirt, and seed trays and grow lights  and vermiculite and fertilizer and bokashi and....well, here we go again....


1 comment: