Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mission Acomplished

That's me looking out over the ocean, the same ocean as Alaska and contemplating change. Change is something I do varsity level. So the next time you come to Mile 14, we'll actually be there although I do have another Mexico themed blog bouncing around in my melon.

One of the unfair things about life is that no matter how interesting, exciting or fresh things are...they can become routine. I think maybe that's why time fly's by so fast, we get to used to things. So me and Mpeasy are ready to head home and knock out another season, take it as it comes and make the best. I'm learning not to be in a hurry for anything. It's not just the feeling I get or the scheduled jet-jump that tells me we gotta go, it's tangible. We've gotten it done. We've spent our allowance right down to the last peso. I've broken my new Okuma big surf rod. I've sold my  Stradic reel so Alberto can upgrade. I started out with 15 krocodile lures and I'm down to 2. I gave my watch away. I gave my Alaska Wild Gear clothing away. Our smoked salmon is all gone. I've taken 563 pictures. I gave away 10 Ranger lures. Our fridge looks like it belongs to Ernie, a batchelors fridge.I gave away my fillet knives. I dropped the black guitar at the tavern and wing-dinged the binding pretty darn good. I wore out my flip flops. I bought a years worth of all my pills. The battery on my Mexican cell phone won't recharge. I've gained 7 pounds....you get the idea, its time to go.
One last sunseta and we make the trip norte. Customs in L.A., hopefully time for Ivars Chowder in Seattle, a night at the Puffin in Anchorage with killer waffles for breakfast. Then the Grant flight home...Mile 14. I tell people all the time, don't feel bad about leaving...if you don't leave you never get that 'newness' of coming back. That freshness when you start anything. And starting springtime in Alaska ain't a bad deal. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment