Saturday, December 7, 2013

Jeff's formula for stress free airline travel


As Geno says 'tomorrow we 'jump the jet' and will be in Mazatlan in about 18 hours, I hope. I haven't done a list for a while and you know how I like those things, they just give order to this ol life. So here I'll share what I've learned about air travel, I'm no million miler... but  I am 60 years old and have  developed a few tricks....

1. Always take the double for an extra dollar.

2. Take your shoes off and let them babies breath. I figure if you have to share sounds and smells with 250 people some of them might as well be your own.

3. Have french fries....there ain't an airport in the world that doesn't have good french fries.

4. Read the travel section in USA Today. When you see where those people are going it's gonna make you feel waaaaay better about all the lettuce your spending on where YOU'RE going.

5. Before you board the plane spend 5 minutes reminiscing about the first time you took your kids on a red-eye flight.This is important now, remember, there was a time when that kid wailing away a falsetto in the key of  D was yours...or maybe even you.

6.Wear baggie clothes. Nobody needs an 3500 mile snuggy.

7.Do not watch Denzel Washington in the movie Flight the night before you fly.

8. Buy the 5 dollar Dasani on the other side of security and drink it.

9. Have your guitar tuned, you never know when somebody might want to here 'Mama Hated Diesels'.

10. The free V-8 is a great deal....

11. And the biggest thing and you all know it is , just be coooool man. Once you give them your baggage resign yourself to the fact that you're at the mercy of the system. It'll do no good to be demanding, commanding, remanding or even understanding....just be coooool man.

So, I'll give you a full rundown in a couple days how we do on our way to Mile 5014. It'll be a good story and I'd bet you chartreuse Kwikfish that I'll have a pic of my first fish caught on my first morning on my first ca.......nay it'll take longer than that, but I'll get him.
I facebooked these pics the other day of our visitor. This really is a pretty incredible piece of property. This guy walked up the trail from the river and peaked in the house. It's about as close as I've ever been to one. I took the shots through the slider, he watched us watch him for 3 or 4 minutes then moved along . Guess he just came up to say good bye...for now.

5 comments:

  1. That dollar upsell for the double is the best deal in all of travel. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the fishing is good there this year for you (and me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres a couple rules to live by:
    Lets not show our colons on the web (for any reason)
    if your over 40 "keep your shirt on" no what your bodyfat %
    as always take the shot for a buck
    And did you let that "coat" walk away...should have called
    have a safe
    trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhh King Louie.....you know the ways of the world

    ReplyDelete