Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Frustrated

That's what I've been. I spent all day yesterday trying to download the coolest video I made of a school of Spinner Dolphins while out Marlin fishing with the guys...I know I can do it as I've blogged videos before, you must remember those wonderful videos of me singing the latest song. But I just can't get it done this time. Maybe my Internet is just to slow but  I'm thinking if I download Google Chrome it might work better with Blogger  which is also a google program....does this make an sense to you Dave???? Here's a still photo.
So when I get a little frustrated, bored or even just a little contemplative like is my nature I get drawn to the river. I just go. Maybe it's part of coming home from Mazatlan while Team X is still in the game or maybe it just me...sometimes I think I think to much. Or maybe it's just one thing....I'm the river guy, lock stock and barrel. So today me and the Jet Dog walked on the ice, all 4 feet of it , down to Fall-in-Hole. I don't know what happened while I was on sabbatical but the river ice is the most unusual I have ever seen. It's hard for walking, albeit with some caution as there are holes 4 or 5 feet deep you could fall in but it's solid for most parts. Here's a pic or two. I put my shotgun down to give you perspective on how deep it is.
Where I took this next photo from is the gravel bar that we routinely run the boats over at high water. For all you river people it's looking back upriver from Fall-In-Hole...ole Jet-dog wanted to wade out as you can see but I kept her back. She's doing great for a 13 year old purebred but kinda like me her brain says go and the body says slow. I'm real careful now to not let her run on the ice, try and jump into the truck or onto a picnic table or anything else that could begin a spiral of poor health. Guess me and the Jet kinda grew up together here in the last decade or so...we're as much a part of it as those ol Mergansers we just spooked into flight.
And for any of you Stewart's Landing people that have been wondering how the boat launch looks this year well here's a pic. I guarantee you that as soon as possible I'm putting the black #003 boat on the water and going looking. The I got the feeling that boat will end up on the salt, if ADF+G in their infinite wisdom are going to allow for harvest in the salt...well...we're gonna do some of the harvesting.
I might not be the most happily married guy around but I'll betchya I'm right up there. Lately I've done my best to earn Team X's nickname....mon de lon...the man who wears apron. I remember when Max went off to live with Skye I told him the secret to happiness....dishes.  So I've been doing them daily, I've executed a couple of those cottonwoods that MP hates. I detailed her car and changed oil with Mobil 1 synthetic. I drew up plans for a new green house and got all my tax info in order....but yesterday was a doozy....As she left for work she asked if I could ' do the floors'? mmmm.....sounded simple at first, we really only have one floor and maybe it was a good thing to get a guy involved to take inventory of cleaning stuff, not to mention a little maintenance.  First thing was a trip to the store and some wet wipes for the Swiffer on the hard floors, what a great product. And then...that vacuum cleaner needed a little open heart surgery. I'd vac one way and it would pic up some...then drop it all right back when I went the other way. Man was it plugged, 3 pounds of Jet-dog and 3 pounds of Kenai River sand...
 
So once I get everything in order I get Pandora and Gary Allan radio blasting over the surround sound, and I mean blasting. Then I get my shorts and a wife beater on, open a nice cold Heineken and go to work....mon de lon....that's me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment