Monday, January 25, 2016

If you're like me....

watching the stock market lately is driving you nuts. I ain't no ' day trader' or ' diversified portfolio '  owner but I do have a dog in the hunt. So here I am in paradise with no income and only outcome watching my financial future stagger away. It wouldn't be so bad but like a lot of Americans we often turn the news on while we eat breakfast to see if the world is getting weirder ever since the 9/11 Osama Bin Laden deal. So as we ate at El Tunnel the other night enjoying Sinaloa style Tacos me and MPeasy went into executive session and once again she had a brilliant idea. She said  just handle it the same way you do the when the check engine light comes on in your truck.
So there ya have it...a black piece of electric tape right over the news tracker. I have to tell I am once again at peace with my financial future, thank you MP and I highly recommend this investment strategy to all my friends who read Mile 14.

On the Kenai River we got two kind of guys, we have Spin-Glo guys and we have Kwikfish guys.  Of course I ain't no dummy and I know that their effectiveness depends a lot on the bait attached and where and how they're fished but there's still a strange dynamic at work in my little pea picker...the price. How could a lure that cost 50 cents be better than one that costs 6 dollars ? But here in sunny Mexico this phenomena is hard at work. I got long cast lures, I got shallow dive lures, I got deep dive lures...I got it all. And all this last week the fish I caught were on a little feather jig fished within 20 feet of shore, go figure. Here's a pic,  right from left, 2 ounce Krocodile 7 bucks, shallow run Mirrolure 11 bucks, 2 1/2 ounce Roberts Whistler 8 bucks and my little wonder lure from Pecamaz at 20 peso's, about a dollar and a dime. Yikes.
The other day I took my friend Alejandro's advice. he says that anytime you see really really small bait skittering on the surface close to shore that good fish are following. So I seen it, I changed and before you know it I had caught about 6 or 7 of those weird looking guys at the bottom of the pic. Of course I let them go because they looked kinda strange and I'd never seen them before. Well ol Pepe comes by and says lucky me for catching such nice Grouper so I kept the next two.... I hate it when that happens.....and I caught a nice little Palmeito. Strangest thing, you just cast that little fly/jig out as far as you can ( which ain't very far ) and you just let the current take it bouncing around and these fish have such good eyes that they find it like nothing I've ever seen before. AND....they eat it just like it were real bait, strange.
So a couple days later I'm chucking a 2 ounce metal with my long cast rig and just proud as punch with myself as I watch it soar well over 100 yards and come in cast after cast without a bite when I see it again......miniature fish skittering right in front of me. I quickly change to my one dollar lure and follow them as they move steadily up the beach. I cast and walk, look, cast and walk, then look and cast and walk and ...walla... a nice Robalo just right for me and MP's supper. Ya know I think I'm figuring this deal out.




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - awesome investment strategy there haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - awesome investment strategy there haha

    ReplyDelete