Thursday, January 7, 2016

That which doesn't kill ya,

makes ya stronger is the old adage. Well I  don't know about that but I certainly hope it makes me smarter. It was one week ago exactly that I did my Carl Wallenda and this morning I fished hard for one hour until my rib cage began to ache pretty good. We're off on the bus to Puerto Vallarta Saturday for a week and I expect that when we get back I'll be ready to rock again and assume my position of morale / safety officer Team X.
That there is a lucky fellow leaving the hospital with his X-Rays showing no fractures but severe bruising and some cartilage separation. the hospital is clean , modern and efficient. I had two x-rays and an exam then got injected with a steroid / B bomb / Lidocaine cocktail and then was given 3 more hypodermics loaded as well a b-bomb pill regime and a medicine for a certain other little problem I was having brought on by the soreness that we really don't need to talk about....the entire bill, right at  $100.00.... a steal and something American Medicine could learn from, Doctors have to hate a guy like me who is just smart enough to get on WebMD or Mayo Clinic and know just enough to question the treatment. It's a whole different protacal , in the USA for this deal I would be given pain meds as well as muscle relaxers and told to rest. The pain pills are important to help you breath because without deep breaths the fear is pnuemonia could set in....but here they have no problem with real pain meds and ways to get it to you. the steroids are anti inflamatory and the b-bombs I'm not sure about but it's working. The first Lidocaine injection was like instant relief. Here's pic of one of the bruises I'm dealing with.....looks a little like the State of Iowa eh ?
I know this post is a bit of a bore but it's all I've really been up to this week, I can't fish or walk so good yet and it hurts like hell when I sing so I've been just laying low and recovering...almost there. But, please come back soon. The road trip to P.V. oughta create some chuckles. I'll try using my Blogspot phone app to post pics but most likely won't have all the news that's fit to print done until next weekend....And for all of you that were concerned for me let me just say THANK YOU and sorry I put all of us through these things.

3 comments:

  1. At least your bruise picked a good state to imitate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it!!! Good luck and hell, I damn near pay $100 just for parking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete