Monday, February 15, 2016

Breath in, Breath out

Being a 100 % guy sometimes I get to feeling ahhhh...well.... a little overwhelmed by life.  I'm at the job site working to make Jeff King the best guy I can so I have goals and aspirations and standards that are so high I sometimes am disappointed in myself and very often disappointed in other people. Sometimes it's just life's lessons, no matter how good or right I am at steering the ship I have no control over the ocean...and so, sometimes I just need a break, to get away, to exit , to heal. And lucky for me I have something in my life that I hope all of you have either the same thing or the personal equivalent of to smooth the bumps in the road....my passion for music. A steady friend that's always ready to take my mind away. Sometimes when I rehearse I immerse my self in the story and think of my life through it. Sometimes when I sing a song I know so well that I sing it almost reflexively my mind wanders to places and events, fishing , and MP and....Sometimes when I need to communicate I imagine myself singing to hundreds and this song is what I want them to know, it's kind of like a problem solving technique I heard of where you right a letter and then don't send it.

This man below I had just sang a country song for. He was an instructor at the museum in Puerto Vallarta and like so many wonderful things in my life I met him by accident. We were looking for the natural history stuff or maybe even the Cultural Pavilion and what did we find ? ..magic.
Home made music is everywhere in Mexico. Sometimes as you walk the streets of old town you can here different sounds coming from different houses that all meet on the street to sound only like Mexico. When I run into guys like this guy I always hand him some peso's and say thank you.
Sometimes when I need out, when I need  a deep breath in life it helps me to really belt out the song. I like to sing it so we don't just hear it but we also feel it....we experience it. Here's a you tube video of me doing just that at my friend Enrique's house...man did that feel good.
So that's what I've been doing...if you get by Mile 14 stop by for a song....

6 comments:

  1. Nope, but o used you tube for the last one with my black guitar .... Ya know I should set up a you tube account

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Check out my channel on Youtube, do a search for elevadave. I have uploaded 46 video's, it's pretty easy and if this norwegian can do it it should be a cinch for you! Mile14 would be a great repository for all those great video's you have. Plus they are easy to link to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Check out my channel on Youtube, do a search for elevadave. I have uploaded 46 video's, it's pretty easy and if this norwegian can do it it should be a cinch for you! Mile14 would be a great repository for all those great video's you have. Plus they are easy to link to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. check this out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buys8GfY_qY

    ReplyDelete