Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Those darn bridges

Last week I kinda had some fun posting a few video's of music (and I found another I forgot ). I guess I saw the potential for the i-phone video mode when I got that fantastic footage of the Caribou rut / joust that I published in the fall. So lately when I want to travel light I always keep the phone with me and try to mind full to use it. So, in P.V. last month I got some pretty chuckly scenes of everything you need to know about Mexican Suspension bridges....PLEASE don't be tooooo mad at me M.P....I love you.

One thing I love about Mexico is that function is job #1. In the states we'd engineer, we'd have OSHA people give hand rail specifications, we'd get the local chamber to meet and see if it matches their 'envision 2050 ' program, we'd even have an 'environmental impact statement' done.....but in Mexico they just want to cross the creek. SO, it was to my great delight to run into not 1 but 2 suspension bridges....and, it ain't as easy as it looks. Here's MP on a really busy one.

And low and behold we ran into another bridge in the jungle. I hope you got the audio turned up because for some odd reason MP seems to think I'm always clowning around....you decide.


One thing I believe in with life is what I call 'momentum' and it really comes into play on these kind of bridges.  Once you get a little  out of sync, well everything becomes more difficult. So I guess that's maybe one of life's simple lessons...before outside influences get to  making things unpredictable ya just gotta walk a little faster, ya gotta  move . And here's me doing just exactly that...but, I did get a little unbalanced along the way....man,.. there's a song in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment