Friday, March 18, 2016

A Medley

You know that word, it's when a guy like me sings a few lines or one verse of a song and then leads into another and another and...so, that's this but without music.
That's the view upriver to Mt. Redoubt from the Big Eddy just up from our house about a 1/4 mile. This morning it was just so clear and gorgeous so MP and I couldn't help but notice that the mountain was 'venting' a bit. All 4 of the Volcanic peaks across the Inlet from us have erupted in our 40 years here in their shadows and when it happens it's a mess, not to mention disruptive. So I did a little due diligence and found out that the venting is actually a good sign in that it means the pressure is being released instead of backing up in the earths core and that the only reason it's so noticeable is that the conditions are perfect for that, cold and clear. So, I guess that just makes it more interesting and in a certain way more pretty.
I think the NCAA tourney is about the coolest thing in sports. I love that all the Conference winners have a chance and that every year we see upsets and under dogs and cool stories of cool kids playing the game. I usually go big time with Gonzaga because I just love the way that name sings but I know that's stupid and they always let me down so this year I only took them for the first round...most likely be sorry for that. Already we have Michigan State ( my all time favorite player Magic's school) put out by.....Mid Tennessee.... I know you have to guess some upsets....but not too much. Here's my choices, I'm big on UCONN and Xavier because I had a connection to that X, my fishing team, Team X, the hardest fishing team in Mazatlan.
Every year out St. Paddy's day parade gets a little smaller but I gotta hand it to our town, they keep the faith even when it's blowing , blustery cold like it was yesterday.  You know me and the music so you know I was impressed to hear real live Irish Ballads coming down the Spur Highway. Difficult conditions but I gotta hand it to these guys it sounded great, if you want perfection, stay home and put a CD in. Thanks guys for the effort.
And of course this a year of politics and we had some of that. I don't really know what the message was about, whether they were with Bernie or against him.... I just know they weren't committed enough to hold a sign and stand out in the weather and let us small town folks find out who the messenger is. I guess that's just part of the game any more....
As me and MPeasy were having our anniversary supper and talking of the days...and how we got to where we are and of course the peculiarities of a happy married life she had a GREAT idea. Some things that are just an anchor in everyone's married life take years to build...like the junk drawer. So she suggested we could go into business selling pre-collected junk drawers so newly weds wouldn't have to go through the work , stress and strain of collecting their own. Brilliant. It's better than the time she suggested they sell you 3 socks instead of 2 because they know you're going to lose one and just want you buy another entire pair. Here's a pic of ours....errr....one of ours. And oh, we got one in the car to.
A thing of beauty. A couple old film cameras, the top of a Patron bottle, sunglasses and a deck of 51 cards. Of course car keys to long gone vehicles, candles, a cool Sucrets can, a butane filler for that barbecue lighter you used to have and the weirdest thing....a Rubics Cube....and it's SOLVED ! I'd love to take credit for that but I cannot tell a lie, so it wasn't MP either. So if any of you who have spent time at Mile 14 are responsible for solving the Rubics Cube step forward so we can give you all the credit you deserve right here, up in lights, with the  mystery makers of life at Mile 14.

I just noticed the drawer needs a golf ball.....

3 comments: