Monday, May 15, 2017

That boats waiting for YOU

I took that picture just a couple of hours ago of the Minnow 3, feet wet. I launched it and it will be sitting there quivering for anybody that wants to enjoy the spring fishing. The rivers quiet and a challenge to run as you can see the low level.  That boats like Michael Phelps before the Olympics, Mohamed Ali before the Rumble in the Jungle or the famous rodeo bull Bodacious just a hankering to get out of the gate. So if any of you are scanning the Internet and come across this give us a holler, if it sounds like I'm begging, well, it's because I am..... I have no pride , I just want to go fishing.

Speaking of fishing I got this pic from my friend Adrian Martinez and it has to be about as good a fishing action photo I've ever seen. Adrian has a nice Robalo on the line at a place we go to called Chametla or he may be across the river at Caminero . I've wade fished there many times and it's some of the most exciting fishing I've ever done. You can see why I consider the Robalo ( snook) the ultimate surf fishing challenge.
MP's surgery went fine. Two pieces of floating Meniscus removed and a sharp bone fragment that most likely came from her osteo arthritis. She was a little testy for a few days as she really didn't want to rest and keep the swelling down but we got through it and today it's feeling better. In typical MPeasy style when we got her home from the surgery center the doc told us the first two hours with the leg elevated and iced....so I run off to get ice for the machine and Papa Murphy pizza and when I get home she's in the green house checking on the kids...yikes....stubborn woman.
So Chris is coming down Weds. and he and I along with another friend are going to fish the 32nd anniversary of my old friend Les Anderson's world record catch. I wrote the whole story this same month of May a few years back so if you search the archives you can find it. When ever I'm allowed to I fish the 17th we do it, I believe in connectivity, I believe in tradition... I just believe.  So with a little luck we'll have fish on and a nice steak dinner like the one we had several springs back...This is Chris and Melinda's daughter Ashley holding our ritual first fresh salmon dinner of the spring....Stay tuned.

1 comment: