Monday, September 18, 2017

There's guiding and then there's fishing....

Even though those two things have common roots there's a certain difference that I need to be reminded of now and then....and that's how much I really enjoy fishing, the chase, the fellowship, the memories that are both old and those being instantly created. And being as busy as I am I seldom get to fish in fact this was only the second time of the year, I started the season with Chris and now we've ended it with Chris. He and Melinda came down for our ritual fall classic that entails great food, even greater wine and some great fishing. Here's a pic of those two wonderful people.
Now of course we have to gamble so we have some serious lettuce at play here. So it's every man for himself and even with me not helping a bit our team lost, big time. Chris had the 1st fish of the day on and as it was splashing next to the boat with me sitting and watching the seconds click by he looked at me and said one word...' OK'... and Melinda handed him the net...Here's a pic of  their team pulling it off the second time. This guy really is a great fisherman.
It took me and MPeasy a looooong time to get hit. I always have been told to never bet a man at his own game and I'm here to tell you that that's an old wives tale. We got killed. But eventually we got hit and I had the great idea to pose this pic that I expected to turn out magically....well it did but I sure heard it about the fish slime.
So the next fish we went for a more refined presentation.
And here's the fish that put Chrisco over the top, his limit fish for all the marbles and prestige which is way  more important.
We were hoping to get 10 pounds of fillets so Chris and Melinda had the right amount to have Lax made at his friends place Alaska Sausage. So we both kept a fillet for that evening and they wound up with 22 pounds of wonderfully fresh silver salmon. Kinda funny, those two flew back to Anchorage and we had given them some wonderful Canadian Maple recipe makings that Erica had gifted us several packages of so it was a Kismet moment....we shared the same food, vibe, the same day just about 75 air miles away, we ate together I like to think. And oh baby Erica, that's some good salmon. So thanks for coming down you two, it made my season...💕😎
I took this sign photo the other day on one of our walks...man I hate it when those moose get this way. Only in Alaska.
So tomorrow I have my old friend Bonnie Koerber out and I have a tentative for Saturday and then it's a wrap for the Pro's from Dover 2017 edition. I hope you come back to Mile 14 anyway cause we'll have some fun. Soon it'll be music and Mexico , hikes and suppers out, sunsets and sun ups and love....

1 comment:

  1. Love the meme and actually found the site where you can make these...........dangerous!

    ReplyDelete