Monday, October 23, 2017

Gotta go

It's snowing as I type this...time to exit stage left as Yogi used to say.  On Sundays the gym doesn't open until late so me and MPeasy usually wait until light and then go walk for  one hour, 3 miles. So we did that this weekend and started our little hike at 9:10 with the temp @ 11 degrees Fahrenheit .
After 40 years in Alaska I don't know why I still find myself being surprised by the things unique to our area but I do. Trusty Hardware anchors our town and people see the reader board daily. I visited with Scott who is a co owner during Jury Duty the other day and he says they sell a ton of that stuff....I wonder if you could go into Murdochs in Helena Montana ask for 40 driveway markers and 10 bags of sand ???....of course here they would ask you if you wanted the sand dry or wet which costs a bit less.
I ain't gonna b.s ya and tell you that's the first snow of the year, it's the ice arena's Zamboni work but what is unique is that structure I'm standing in front of , a Conex palace.  There's one down by our old house on ReDoubt St. that makes this city owned model look small. My old neighbor went two stories and totally enclosed, now that's some useful engineering.
We've been talking a lot lately about retiring and traveling and Montana. In fact I've really been looking at these Class B travel vans that are kind of new to the R.V. scene. I like the idea of parking anywhere and the ease of towing a boat which you know I'm going to have to have. So whenever we see one whether it's Mercedes Sprinter platform or the new Dodges or Fords we discuss the sizes and other Pro's and Cons.... Our own local K+L Distributors gave us a great idea on one of their Ford delivery vans...Pull into the campground and you'd have instant friends I'd bet ya.
I sure wish we had more excitement going on here to report to you guys with, it's that kind of in between fishing deals. But we'll get back on track real soon and I'll have new adventures back in MZT....in the meantime I'll fall back on and old/new song I'm putting together for all my Mexico friends.....like I said we've been talking about Montana quite a bit, hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked the song. And..... this is the first time I've seen you without a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you hit the beaches catch a few for me (pictures please). and say hey to Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do, he looks like he's been lucky lately...ya know Tom my mom used to tell me I'd go bald from wearing a hat all the time. Well the hat didn't do that but it's looking like the 64 to 70 years just might...

    ReplyDelete