Thursday, July 16, 2020

Touchdown

I've always thought that when you seem like the days fly by to fast it's because you're stuck in routines and in order to make time go slower you need to change your routines...well, this last 10 days has felt like 2 months to me. First off the Trip on the Kennicott was a long ways from the Love Boat. It was foggy / rainy / cold the entire way but gorgeous in a stark Alaskan way.
If everything in Alaska worked as good as it's Marine Highway system the State would be doing a lot better than it is. They are on time, had a protocol for the virus that seemed to work....but at the same time the service is about work and efficiency and for entertainment you better think ahead of you're using the Alaska State Ferry system. The covid policy was basically stay in your state room, wear a mask when out and stay away from people so....after about three days that room started to feel like the State Penitentiary. With no cell service I had not brought movies for the computer like I should have so it was reading and card game - Scrabble Marathons. MP and I have long talked of getting a motorhome, one of those cool roadtrek conversion vans and after being in a Ships cabin for 5 days we realized we're going to have to rethink that plan.

The ferry is all about work....this guy loaded in Whittier and got off in Cordova, I had no idea you could carry so much with a pick-up truck.
Today is my 67th birthday....yikes. I guess I might be feeling it, my ribs are better from falling out of the bunk bed but my backs sore again from working on the house. So today we're taking a day off and are going to get at the fishing program. I'm just now getting in the groove and will post pics of Hamilton Montana and our new place on planet earth real soon, So far MP and I feel good in spite of it all being a little stressful which is kinda crazy ....for the first time in my life I have absolute nothing to stress over but by jimminy I still seem to find a way.....I gotta stop that and I will. Fish / Hamilton / music next time.....We love you all.


1 comment:

  1. You remind me of a saying that Rodney Dangerfield once said, when I was young my dad got sick of me running around in circles so he nailed down the other foot! It is interesting retiring as after 45 years of doing what you like to do, all of a sudden you need to find something else. I'm still looking for it. Good luck in Montana!

    ReplyDelete