Saturday, October 2, 2021

Ain't here for a haircut

 So me and MPeasy have been in executive session lately, we've got big decisions to make which I've never really been very good at . Jimmy Buffet once said " decision making might or might not be one of my problems "....like him I've always been a ' let it happen ' kind of guy.  But in this new world we're all working with here it pays to have a plan, even a plan B or even C. So first thing is Booster shot. Then we're going to the coast to see my sister and my nieces and play music with a great nephew that I've only met a few times and has had his share of life thrown at him pretty good. I'm anxious to see Miles and he's anxious to see me.

Then it's back to the house on the hill for the month of November, MP wants to have Thanksgiving in her new house and that's easy enough done....And then...

We just can't miss another year and Grass Valley Arizona as nice as it is ain't got fish, beach, Pacifico's , Martin's Taco's and my nice Menudo ladies on the corner every Sunday. On both trips we'll just see a few folks and be careful, basicly quarintine at our condo in Maz. Our big picture plan with the move to Montana was to make it easier to drive to Mazatlan but that will have to wait one more year as there's no since having a car there if we aren't going to be out exploring becauseof the covid. I can't wait to fish with Alejandro and Dan, see Slah and Maria's new house and have Christmas with our friends who we've missed....πŸ’šπŸ˜ŽπŸŸπŸŽΈπŸŽ΅
I don't mind telling you that the first 6 months or so here in Montana there was many a day I could have headed home to Alaska. I was in a funk. My friend Terry Wetzstone helped pitch me out of the slump and the move here to Helena makes me feel more like I belong here...I guess I've always had trouble fitting in and Ham Bone Montana just wasn't doing it for me...but here, well it feels right. In fact the connectivity is amazing, it seems to follow us.  MP and I were out antiqueing ( against the advice of a friend that told us when we were moving " don't bring old stuff to Montana, they've got plenty of it "....Well we end up at the Canyon Creek country Store 25 miles from here. They are having a ' living estate sale ' and literally a hundred years of stuff is laying around. Very impressive.
MP bought a nice little wood shelf for her tea cups and I got some beer cans for my collection when I told the guy we'd just come from Alaska and you just don't see old stuff like this as much because everything is so new....Well...he looks at me and say's you're that guy who went to Alaska and married one of the Brown girls. Correct-a-mundo. Here's a picture of MP with Ron Crawford who lived across the street from her when the family lived on Peosta Street back is the 1960's.
It get's better. Ron's brother Gary is a friend of ours who worked the oilfield in Alaska and fishes with my friend Keith quite a bit. Gary has been to our boat launch many a time and Ron mentions to MP that he met here there a few years ago at 4 a.m. when she took his money and got him to park in just the right place so she could squeeze in another 10 dollar parking fee.  Gary like us was migrating from Alaska two springs ago and was a month or so ahead of us. With covid restrictions getting out of Alaska took some planning and he decided to drive through Canada on 'essential travel ' and was given 4 days to do it and told not to go into Whitehorse to stay . Keith suggested I call him to see how it all went and after seeking his counsel we decided to take the Love Boat instead. Gary is now in Texas and will retire to Helena soon where we'll have a Mile 14 reunion...Great to meet you Ron and thanks for fellowhip.

We thinned the herd in Alaska but we still have loads of stuff that now we finally have room to put away. We had a few boxes of childhood stuff that had been sitting in the garage In Hamilton since we cleaned out my folks house years ago. Well, I came across my swimming trophies and medals and in with it all was a Speedo I raced in as a high schooler... and you know me, being comfortable in my own sking I had to try it on. The converstaion went like this :
JK--- C'mon MP do me a favor and take a pic of me.
MP--- I am doing you a favor...I"M NOT TAKING THAT PIC
JK----C'mon, don't be tight @#%
MP--- that is absolutely disgusting
JK---C'mon, you've done it before. 
So for the second time in the History of Mile 14 here's the pic. Now I'm not quite as fit as I was years ago for the first pic when I was a cardio King in the gym but how many people could even get there high school suit on ? I'm below my  'waterloo weight ' of 200 pounds and for 68 year old guy that ain't all so bad for a guy who likes himself.😎....and oh, I'll do you a favor and save ya the frontal shot.
So I promised ya a song....well  here it is.  Kinda tells my story. Sorry for the lack of production here at the Mile 14 Montana Bureau. But I do enjoy writing and as we move along the program I'll have fish pics and smiles to publish, we're moving on. My boat is safely tucked away in a garage over in Hamilton and when we get back from Mexico we'll get it over here and fish the big water. I was in the hardware store the other day and a guy named Marty showed me pics of his Lake fish here....oh baby, 10 pound trout and walleys, I'm in.




No comments:

Post a Comment