Friday, March 4, 2011

Gotta Go

I've never been to a party that didn't end and I think we're doing it just right. Our friend Connie shared some wisdom with us when she said " the best time to leave a party is while you're still having fun". So tommorrow on our 34th wedding Anniversary we jump the jet back to Mile 14. Being on final approach around here is a bit like being on death row, you know you gotta go, everybody else knows you gotta go and you spend hours decideing what to have for your last meal. Because Carnaval is starting we'll avoid downtown tonight and just go to the gold zone and pick out a restraunt that has cloth napkins and a wine list. Then manana we'll celebrate our love over one of our favorite things...Ivars clam chowder at the food pavilion in Sea-Tac. Thens its a late night into Anchorage, a quick nap at the Puffin Inn, a short flight to Kenai and its HELLOOOOO Jet-dog.
I'll blog more about Mazatlan and things here when I get home but this was the scene 2 nights ago on Ave Delmar at Cerritoes. So much has happened that the governor had a pep rally with the army and police to fire them up to have a violence free Carnaval. Easily 50 trucks wih Machine gun ready troops and sirens wailing paraded through town to let the bad guys know they mean business. I hope it works and Carnaval comes off without a hitch, my second favorite place in the world doesn't need anymore bad press. Pure La Vida is what we say here....living good. This sunset is just a few hours old. As I was watching it and starting to blues over a bit about leaving I got to thinking. Thats the same sunset we have in Alaska, its the same ocean as we have in Alaska and MP and I are the same people as we are in Alaska...So whats really changing? This year I'll resolve to incorporate what I've learned and what I do in Mexico into my Alaska life, that way it comes with me. New friends, a slower life, share the music, more fruit in my diet, let things go.....see you all soon Alaska.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to You & MP. You sure know what quality time is all about. Congratulations on 34 wonderful years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, Nate, after further review it turns out it's only 33 years. Yikes, that kind of thing ever happen to you?

    ReplyDelete