Sunday, June 10, 2012

Connections

Our good friends Chris, Melinda, Ashley and Christopher Fejes came down this week to fish. Chris is a go to guy and usually runs his own boat so I was a bit surprised that he'd hire me for a day on the creek. But I got to thinking thats he's a good enough friend to know that if I don't make some lettuce I can't go to Mexico and if I don't go to Mexico he'll spend the whole winter listening to me snivel. So thanks you guys it was wonderful day and the fresh salmon dinner....walla. As you can see Boo-Boo and Christopher both caught .

So speaking of Mexico I'd been ruminating over it a bit. MP's just about good with our current 10 week deal and I really want to add some more time there. Out of the clear blue sky I get mail from an owner in our building that I met when we had the going away party that I played some country music at. Well she has a son in Alaska and during their visit they wanted to trade some fishing for some condo time, Yahtzee, hot deal. So now I got new friends and some more time in my 2nd favorite place, isn't it funny how connections are made. Here's my new friend Ron Schroeder with a King he caught, the fishing wasn't exactly fast action but we enjoyed the time, they're cool people....thanks you guys.
The only bad thing that happened this week...and its really not all that bad, is that my new friends John and Nicole Japp didn't get their King. John is a guy that if we didn't live thousands of miles apart we'd be everyday friends, he's a kindred spirit and a real observer of nature. He loved the Eagles here at Mile 14 and I think that's ultra cool. But they didn't go salmon less, Nicole caught a nice red for supper. Is that a great smile or what?
And talk about connections...when we rode the bikes past the Honda center this morning there sat my old boat. Back in the late 80's when everyone was moving to the saltwater to catch even more king salmon I got caught up in it and thought I'd be a 'blue water' skipper. I did many a salmon / halibut combo trip out of this boat and one day I realised that most of the people who went fishing with me were terrified for most of the day...including myself. So I sold it to guy who sold it to a guy who sold it to Jason Foster who I've known since he was a kid.... In fact when I was coaching the kids in basketball we were up against the toughest team in the league. Jason Foster was in high school and a ref for the young kids....I had 1 (one), (only) kid that could defend the hot shoes and Jason #$%&*$ Foster fouled him out.  Oh well, I'm almost over that.
You can see by Jason's prop that he doesn't run the boat any better than he ref's basketball. But he's my friend and like a lot of people he uses the 'brail ' method of river running... been there myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment