Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wish us some Luck

I've had a little time to read lately and as I walked through the mall the other day on the way to our new temporary library to get Dan Rathers new book Rather Outspoken I had the darnest thing happen.  Out of the clear blue sky a guy gives me this 4 leaf clover and told me "everybody could use a little luck". Maybe I looked like I could use some.
Of course he doesn't know me but everbody knows him, Glenn Martin is that kind of guy. He has the Guiness World Record for 4 leaf clovers ever collected and as he fished in his wallet for this one all packaged and ready I realised this guy has a certain passion....he had 4 leaf clovers in all sizes. So you know me, I don't believe in coincidence and having Glenn give me a good luck symbol unsolicited I figure is the start of new things.

Gamblers will tell you they don't believe in luck but I got it figured a bit different, nobody knows hope and wishes and faith and optimism like fisherman, its part of the formula. Being a guy that fishes about 150 days a year I get up for each expeience with a new view..today is going to be the day, and its not that I hope for it as much as I know it. And so, sometimes I'm wrong but I start fresh and positive every single day, got to. So, the ole Kenai is healing up nicely from being off color from our record snow pack, I'm confident that by lines in tuesday morning water clarity will not be a problem. We need nice clear water for the no-bait regulation of course. Fridays ADF+G report showed a bit of an upturn in Kings to the river and we even saw a couple splashing away yesterday...and next week I have some fun people to join me, on tues and weds I have some new folks the McMichaels and the Mahoods and then later in the week I have my old friend Roger Langford who I haven't seen in 20 years but I remember well from the 80's. And to finish the week off on saturday I have Dube and Vick who fished last year with Jake Marquis the day after my emergency surgery....what a day that was and I'm figuring to repeat the results, a couple large slimeys....so wish em all luck.

Lately I been feeling a change in the wind
like one chapter closes and another begins

My luck is bound to turn around again
I know its just a matter of when
                                                      Thanks Kevin Fowler

And speaking of positive....hows about MP's flowers, Positively gorgeous I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment