Friday, November 23, 2012

Punkin Chunkin

That's the darnest thing I've ever seen.  This morning I got asking around the gym who might have seen it yesterday and nobody did and the amazing part is that it was on at the same time as the Jets 92-14 loss to the Patriots.mmmmm. I guess maybe the only ones who saw it was us and our Northern family, Bob , Melonie and Jed, who are expert at finding the unusual and quirky in Fairbanks Alaska, the town on the edge of nowhere.
Now that's my kind of guy....anybody out there that might think this ol US of A is falling behind the world in technology of even desire needs to see Punkin Chunkin 2013. Trust me, if we got people out there that will design a tool to throw a pumpkin 3 to 4000 feet, and for free, well, I think America is doing just fine. Stumbling across this on thanksgiving day in a weird way kinda rekindled my patriotism....we're an incredible country, that's all I can say. They had all kinds of devices from catapults to air cannons but my favorite was the Centifigal Force class.....man when they wind those babies up that pumkin is in for a ride.
So for me and Mpeasy....its a new T-day tradition...Nice food, a game of Scrabble, a walk on the river, a couple home made songs and Chunkin Punkin....I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who decided to build a midevil trebuchet for the sole purpose of chunkin pumpkins. It worked really well until one slipped out of the sling and came straight back almost hitting his wife but did a bullseye on the back of his Ford Ranger tailgate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Catfish Mount

    ReplyDelete