Saturday, January 19, 2013

Big News

You know you're leading a simple life when the big news is shells on the beach. Up until today the beach has been vacant of them depriving the beach culture of one of its most important connections. So this morning I said 'yahtzee', being the 1st on the beach every morning I spot them and instead of fishing for 3 hours like usual I go in and let MP know...great guy huh?. So Team X's sea shell division is hard at work, but of course I kinda high grade through the biggest piles first and I guess I just missed this huge Cowrie MP found, her biggest ever.
There's just something about kicking around in the sand that makes you young. I'm convinced that when you get that feeling like I had this morning its not that you feel young, you are young, it works, its a time machine. So me and MP compare notes and as I head to an untouched shell pile she tells me ..."hey, aren't you supposed to be fishing?"
I hate to admit it but seeings as we've taken pounds of shells back to Alaska we've been kind of turned into sea shell snobs (say that 3 times real fast), MP just wants the good ones...and of course beach glass is still the gold standard of shell hunters. So here's a pic of some goodies. A huge Cowrie, a big ole something or other, a nataulis, the cutest little scallop I've ever seen, a bean and a Pacifico bottle top. And oh, the blue shell is something we've never seen, its a puzzle. MP pretty much poo poo'd my bottle top, she says its not done yet but the way my mind works it makes up for being a bit on the rare side by being intact, entero.
If any of you think I'm just laying around and not providing for my family in the way they're accustomed I printed the next pic. Yup, that's me with an eater. I've been stock piling some fish so we can have several couples over for a fish fry and tonight's the night, I'll betchya I even get a song or two in, captive audience don't ya know...who's going to tell ya to shut that guitar up in your own place eh?.
The storm has finally blown out so last night was the 1st time in 5 or 6 days it wasn't to windy for sunset. We were on our way to a new restaurant, Mr. Lobster (which was fantastic, great langosta) and I snapped a couple pics. MP just had a look to her, pretty girl, pretty sunset. Thank ya god.

1 comment: