Sunday, January 6, 2013

Computer 'C' student

It's been a couple frustrating days figuring out how to upload pictures to this blog. Seems that Google either changed things or I forgot how. But MP to the rescue, she was reading my 10 dollar USA today and an article about Google winning in court a deal where they were accused of making it hard to impossible for competing products to work with their systems jumped out at her and walla...the answer. I switched from Explorer to Chrome and we're picture enabled. And the spell check etc all seems to work better. Disaster averted, where would Mile 14 be without pictures?

So here's a pic of me doing something I decided to quit doing because I got a good life. Fishing from the rocks, its a high risk-reward deal.
Last year me and my friend Dan Stewart liked to get swept off those very rocks. We watched from above for 10 minutes and both agreed that the surf couldn't reach us....wrong. We climbed down and within another 10 minutes a wave hit soaking us both and it could have easily knocked us down. I have the feeling that once you're in that water you ain't getting out. So I don't do it but my friend Alejandro does it routinely here on the breakwater, and even in the dark. He has the experience and agility it takes but even Alejandro fell down and wallowed around for a while landing this gorgeous Corvina yesterday morning. That's about the prettiest surf caught fish I've ever seen.
Alejandro is a steady guy, that's the biggest compliment you can get from me. He's a good family, honest and direct, fun loving and laughs easily and boy does he know the art of fishing. He's not mobile like Team X, preferring to set up his office here at the breakwater everyday....is that into it or what?

Another reason I've been a bit slow to post is that MP was down for several days this week with the flu. We nursed her back to health but being sick in Mexico is always a little more threatening that back in the U.S..of A. Everyone in the building was concerned for her including Tony's dog Little Boy. They're best friends, she gives him smoked salmon skin.
Yesterday morning I was busy collecting toros with a guy in front of Escondida. These fish are flat fun, you through the topwater out past the surf break and you see them charge the bait. Then it takes a bit of  finesse to snake them through the rocks. As you can see they are bled immediately, destined for fish tacos.
But as I fished I had the strangest feeling. I looked across the ocean at these clouds and for a second it felt just like I was looking across Cook Inlet at the Volcanoes. It was the oddest connection, do those clouds really look like a snow covered 9,000 footer ? I don't think so, its just my state of mind, its just me comfortable in my environment doing what I do here just like what I do in Alaska....It was  a neat familiar feeling that I can't explain, I just liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment