Tuesday, October 8, 2013

80 mph

Now that's something you can't do in Alaska, at least very often or for very far. But this interstate highway travel deal is amaaaaazing, you set the throttle , kick back while listening to the new Gary Allan album that Brad found for me and open a cold one.....ahhh......just jokin about that part. And next thing you know you're in Glendive Montana again, 600 easy miles from the Grand Hotel. I walked out into the middle of the street this morning for this shot, no worries Max, those cars don't want to hit ya.
We were going to stay in Dickinson ND on the way back but we had so much fun last week here at the Yellowstone River Inn that I canceled and came  again. You know how I am about loyalty. So I'm sitting here in shorts with the door open and having a nice cold Rolling Rock, we'll get the baseball game on, have a nice cobb salad in the restaurant and call it a day , a great day. I really don't have a lot to report but one thing did kinda jump out at me today. Those North Dak's or whatever you'd call a person from there sure have a weird sense of self importance. Not only do they have the worlds largest cow they also say they have worlds largest metal sculpture.....mmmmm.....I kinda think the Statue of Liberty might have something to say about that eh ? I actually think it was just a healthy rivalry, one town said " that darn other town's cow ain't gonna beat our geese", and walla.....more art along the way.
But the best art is the vista's. The badlands here are gorgeous in their own desolate way. The colors and the shapes are a cross of all of America's  beautiful places like the Grand Canyon. I kinda saw it as a collage of all the great Parks....that are closed along with some rest stops we needed. Oh well.
Even though tonight we're at 'my kind of place', I miss the Grand Hotel and all our new friends. They really rolled out the red carpet for us and to stay at a place like that is a once or twice in a lifetime deal I kinda think....The 5:00 pm Estancia wine, the thick plush robes, the 7 ft. long bed and the staff that indulges you right down to laughing at your jokes. Thanks Max...and all your friends. Toooo cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Fish Mount Combination Packages

    ReplyDelete