Monday, October 7, 2013

Max Update

For all of you out there that love our son Max and those that don't know him but really should....he's just fine. In fact to come here to Minneapolis and see that his peers at work speak so highly of him and role out the red carpet here at the Grand Hotel for us just because we're his parents is to cool. We were  sent a fruit and cheese basket that was signed by the manager and others that said " because we love Max we love you to and want your stay to be special"  Here's our guy and his mom perusing some darn thing before in the Asian grocery we've never seen.
It's a rainy cold day, perfect for a visit to the Minnesota Museum of fine arts. Not really my specialty but it was the perfect place to meet our new friends Brad and Connie Stauffer. Max and there daughter Skye are engaged so I've got a lot going through my mind....well....Brad and Connie are just great and we share a lot. Brad is an artist, Connie a master gardener, sports fans and mostly just the kind of interesting people that I want to be around for the rest of my life. Thoughtful people who are true, know the word fidelity, folks that I can learn from on this quest to be better. Wherever we go these are the kind of friends we like to meet. So thanks for the beer and sushi Brad and Connie, it was a great day.
So as I walked those halls I looked for stuff that connected me, they're out there ya know. Max tells me that this kind of art tells didn't people different things... but I like to keep it simple and maybe I was distracted from walking and chatting with Brad and Connie as we went, but I got it....it goes like this.

This sculpture made entirely out of soldiers dog tags from the Korean war was maybe the thing that got me the most. Speaking of trueness and fidelity, doing the right things with faith and optimism and carrying on and being strong and ....well....all the thing's I'd like to stand for are right there in front of me at the Minnesota Institute of Fine Art.
Here's one I just liked. I told Brad that sometimes I have a hard time finding one wise man and here's 3 of them. I just liked it.
Today it was off to another museum of sorts, the Cablea's store. I was a little disappointed because I figured like the Bass Pro store in Las Vegas they'd have a bit of everything. Well they do if you're fishing Walleye's or Walleye or maybe even Walleye....here's us, family fun,
Now for all our Mazatlan friends this is just way toooo much when it comes to the connections in your life department. One of our favorite places for a hand-holder supper is a place in centro historico called Topolo. We found this place years ago and the garden setting and lighting combined with the soft music and good food makes the place 5 star. Everyone in Mazatlan knows it.  So this morning as we were on our walk we came across all the food vendor vans in downtown that Max had told us about...and looky here, it's kismet, it's magic, Topolo north welcoming us back. Now this might not mean much to most people but me...I believe that  we're not so separated by distance, lifestyles, incomes or age. Little things like this help me believe that. I really do.
Today we went to a place called the Park of Statues. Pretty interesting that it's kind of an adult inter active playground. Here's a pic of me and best buddy....
Tomorrow we've got to jet . We were going to stay at the half way stop, Dickinson North Dakota but we enjoyed Glendive Montana so much that we're going back there.  It's 70 degree's and I have shorts on as I type, perfect, and it's supposed to stay this way until we're back in Sloooowdotna. This place is a bit different than how we live and I don't mind saying that we've had a little culture shock, but it's gorgeous here and it will be hard to leave. We should have scheduled more days. I feel bad that we have so many wonderful friends here that we just didn't have time to see, I hope none of you are offended, my mistake. Here's a parting shot I took coming home in the misty rain....art is where you find it...and we found plenty of it here at Mile 14, Minneapolis division.

No comments:

Post a Comment