Friday, January 2, 2015

Sign Language

and the sign said everybody welcome in, kneel down and pray,
but then they passed the plate around at the end of it all,
and I didn't have a penny to pay.

So I got me a pen and a paper and I made out my own little sign,
I said thank you Lord , for thinking of me,
I'm alive and doin fine...........
                                             5 Man Electrical Band

Maybe it was my catholic / military upbringing but I've always had a problem with authority. I'm the guy who's always questioned that stuff with simplicity....like.....why? So many of you who follow Mile 14 know that one of my very least favorite things in this world are signs that tell you no, don't, leave, and in the case of the government signs on our Kenai River they could condense all the messages into a simple ' don't have fun here' .  Oh boy ....do we ever have some signs on our River. Ya know when I saw this sign I figured that was the reason they put the new sonar on dry land when the project first started...so guys like me wouldn't hit it....sorry, had to get a dig in.
So here in Mexico I've noticed a whole new sign philosophy. I'm not sure what it is and I don't even know what some of it means but I think the foundation is fun. Simple. We've been here exactly one month now and here's a few that jumped in front of my camera.  My favorite first, makes you want to be visit don't it ?
And our message to all in luminaries on New Years Eve....2015, here we come.



No comments:

Post a Comment