Thursday, December 24, 2015

Feliz Navidad

I tried to get my running partner to sit on my lap for this pic but the mall was full of people and she just couldn't...but you know me, I'm unembarassable ....hows that for new word to fit a guy like me ?
So in between all the good tidings and holiday cheer that I'd like for all of you I thought I'd post just a few pics of how we do Christmas here at Mile 5,014 .  Our neighbors  Jerry and Georgie have a unique tree, I kinda like the non traditional colors. around here you even see blue colors for Santa and his helper....I always new Santa was a liberal....but we won't go into that right now.
When we purchased our condo it came equipped with everything and I mean everything you'd ever need. The previous owner, our friends Darwin and Gerrie Smith liked their comforts and ol Smitty is a guy who just keeps building and building and.....so, we have a home made tree which is twisted coat hangers. Next to the tree is package for Kenai Guide #003 that looks like it could be a really cool mini powered speaker so when I sing Robert Earl Keen's Christmas song tonight my friends won't have to concentrate on the lyrics.....it'll be loud and clear...10-4.
If you like Pointsetas, and who doesn't, Mazatlan might be the red flower capital of the world. They are everywhere. Here's our lobby fountain for example....
 Isn't it a great feeling that sometimes during the season of love somebody does something to make you love them even more ???  We brought Alaska Sea Salt for gifts and we're salting around a lot of smoked salmon but MPeasy has got the deal going on. After we surprise the building tonight with our luminary show she's going to put these custom , genuine Mazatlan beach rocks on our friends door steps.
And talk about luck, last night when we got home from having a barbecued Octopus supper with our friends the Radke's from Soldotna Alaska we ran into my buddy Juan. Juan was having Cerveza and had his net out in front of the building as me and MP went to watch the stars like we like to do. I negotiated a catch for today and like always our friend came through. He was out diving Oysters when he saw me return from fishing and swam in and we made the deal.....mucho Gracias Juan.
So tonight it's our traditional oyster stew and we'll have fresh Langosta as well as a salad plate with lots of avacado, a nice bottle of wine and of course great fellowship with my friend Tony coming over. Then we'll light our new traditional lumanaries and sing a few songs and walla.... a perfect Christmas....and we wish one for all of you too....Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment