Thursday, December 17, 2015

The bites on...

For Mazatlan that is....yesterday saw a new record of not one, not two, not three but four cruise ships dock all in the same day. 13,000 citizens of the planet off loaded and enjoyed this wonderful city. It's great for Mazatlan as the Cruise Ship Company's by-passed us for several years pointing out safety concerns from a few unfortunate events.
It's kinda funny that you hear from some of the jaded part time residents things like this....' cruise ship day, good day to stay home' . and it's true that the city is full and the sidewalks crowded and that's exactly why me and MP went to town, we wanted to be part of the energy. the Gold Zone had it's first ever sidewalk art show and although off to a slow start we went and supported the folks. At one time there were 3 blocks of cabs, vans and buses lined up like a choreographed parade.....pretty cool. I hope these two pics show a bit of it.
So a huge part of the commerce of this part of Mexico is back and I hope back to stay. The vendors where selling their wares. We went to Playa Mazatlan for a sandwich and the place was full and I have to admit there was no denying the entrepreneurial spirit was back.....how about this for a business model ????
 In the small world department I was reading the Mazatlan Messenger and they announced that a stunt show called X-Pilots was coming to town. The article said world class riders from Germany, Mexico, Australia, the USA and Alaska would perform....well I ain't Inspector Closeau but the way they separated Alaska from the United States I had a hunch that it could  mean only one thing...Jimmy ' Blaze' Fejes was in town, and sure enough I was right. Being old friends of the family it was ultra cool. Here's a pic of Jimmy flipping a quad last Sunday right here in Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico.
This baby at the local Radio Shack caught my eye. It's a guitar amp / P.A. / Karaoke / DJ machine and of course SD cards/ CD's / Records/ Cassettes...just about every thing. AND it's gotta soul baby.....MP wouldn't let me buy it...' we're remodeling the kitchen'.....
So this morning me and Ernesto meet at at rocks up Cerritos a mile or so. Yesterday I caught several large Toro and had a huge snapper saw me off on the rocks....So.... I'm geared up with the big rod and set to cast long and hard. Ern shows up with the short light rod and stands in one place while I walk and cast, walk and cast , walk and cast and..... he catches this. I catch notta.
But I did scratch out another nice Pargo a couple days back so we're not having to live on Chicken like we do at Mile 14. In fact the staple here are Shrimp, fish, Avocado's, Arracharra and ahhhh Pacifico of course.
In fact Cerveza is such a staple around here why not make it the centerpiece of your Currier and Ives Christmas... I like it.... So from Mile 5014 me and MPeasy wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you have all the health, love and success you can handle in 2016....we love every single darn one of ya and thanks for making Mile 14 a small part of your lives.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Looks like Ernesto has the Robalo thing figured out.

    ReplyDelete