Friday, December 4, 2015

Every Storm runs out of Rain

We spent about 3 straight days hunkered down not knowing what Hurricane / tropical storm Sandra was going to do. The models at one point had it coming directly at Mazatlan so anxiety was palpable around here...But what can you do ?....I played music Saturday night at the bar in a howling rain storm and then woke up to the signal Sunday morning that all was well with the world. At one time you could see both ends of this baby and just by luck I got the Kenyan leader of the Marathon with it at his back.... this guy was a good 3 minutes ahead of the field at the 1/2 way point. The world class Marathoners run so lightly you don't hear their feet hit the ground, strange,
As luck would have it Sandra coincided with the full moon cycle and the largest tides of the year. It's what my Mexican friends call the ' tormenta '. All along our beach the sea walls are being rebuilt from the last big event and I have to say what people are saying must be true....the ocean just seems to be getting closer and closer to us... I got enough politics in my life just trying to look out for our Kenai River King Salmon so I won't go on and on about this ocean trend .... I'll simply say .... if you think ya know what's causing this and it's us why don't we just cut it out.
That pic is our next door neighbors who had water onto their decks and into the houses. And how about this next pic, my 1st ever water spout...kinda tornado with nothing in the way. I remember the dust devils out in the desert when I was a kid but I think this baby was a bit more substantial.
It was weird. when the Cyclone hit shore because of the circling nature of it the wind that I estimate was 40 mph was actually to the east....blowing off shore. So I just had to see what I could do with a wind assisted cast. I can routinely get 100 yards with my big rod so with the wind and a 3 ounce Ranger I got my trajectory's up higher than usual and walla, it was a thing of beauty. Pretty much 200 yards I'd say....and then I promptly snapped the Ranger off in mid wind-up while showing off for Alejandro....oh well.
And what kind of sunset expert would I be if I didn't publish the after storm show,,,,,gorgeous.
Me and MPeasy went to see the last installment of the  Hunger Games , I'm hoping somebody from the Kambe Theatre is a reader here because the message is simple.... you guys gotta get with the program. Here's a pic of our seats. We had a couple cold ones and shared an order of french fires that were the crinkle cut crispy's that I'm kinda hooked on. And oh, the movies cost 5 bucks.
Then it was off to Todo's Santo's for crab tostados.....oh baby, two happy people.
Last night as I finger picked a bit on Martin's Spanish guitar I was approached by a gal named Yolanda who heard it in the lobby. She's the programing director for Radiorama 94.7 FM Mazatlan radio so it looks like I'm going to be on the radio this next week... hope you come back to Mile 5014 because it should make a good story....OH, and I'm going to sing Gary Allan's Every Storm Runs Out Of  Rain





No comments:

Post a Comment