Friday, December 23, 2016

Is it Christmas already ?

What a great time of year. Just the other day was solstice and one of my friends reminded me that Alaska had already gained 11 seconds of daylight,  I'm a little concerned here in Mazatlan as the other night me and MPeasy took off on our yearly trip to Santa's Village to take pics of the kids and the Blue Santa for this blog and.....it was gone.....moved to the Sams Club Store. Yikes, whats going on ???? you CAN'T just move Santa any ol time you want. How's the kids gonna get his new address ? How's the Reindeer gonna know how to find their way home after a long night ? So no new Santa Village pics this year, bummer. But I guess it'll all work out so Merry Christmas from all of us at Mile 14 to all you, my friends. I hope you find a loving family, friends and good health under your tree....and a smile.
Every Sunday we go for an hour long walk and then end up at an authentic Mexican breakfast buffet that is new to us every week. . This last weekend it was only average food but right across the street we ran into virtual 'buffet' of music...and you know me. These guys were doing their drill on the playa and the sound just drives right through a guy. Fantastic ! If you've not listened to a real Drum and Bugle Corp take a listen, it's only 30 seconds long . Ya know when they started beating those things during the approach to battle I can see how it inspired the troops...and scared the hell out of the the others.
While we were eating the ice guy delivered driving the coolest motorcycle / pick-up truck. I don't know which one I'd rather have under my tree, the truck or the dandy little Datsun ' Honey Bee ' that was parked next to it.,,,,,mmmm,,,,,I'd like to go with the Honey Bee please Santa.....actually Santa, forget the car and everything else and just give me good health so I can have many more years just like this one....OK ?....
I caught many a Toro this week and never had anybody along to help with a photo so I was lamenting the old ' you won't believe this but....' part of the blog when my friend Ron Schroeder saved me with this Bottete he caught. This guy is a cousin of the Puffer Fish and is reputed to be the best eating in Mazatlan, people rave about these fish, BUT....they say you have to be careful not to rupture the guts as it can make you sick and Ron reports the meet is like jelly. I'll pass, thank you.
Yesterday Alejandro said it was a good day for Snook . But he always says that. So I'm casting into 12 ft. breakers and the foamy white water in front of my is brownish with the disturbed sand and I fooled everybody by catching a fish. My first Pompano from the beach, I can't describe how excting it was so I'll just post the pic and move on.
Christmas Eve we have our traditional ' project Luminary ' coming up. We still haven't decided what to make so come back and see. We'll be a little short handed on the Black Op's as Tony is 'Still in Jersey and won't hit MZT for another week. I'll be playing some music again this week so wish me luck and we wish all of you the VERY best, thanks for being our friends and sharing this quest.



3 comments:

  1. Jeff, your blog is so realistic, we feel that we are right there with you. Keep up the great music you fishin fool.

    Diana and Bill Parker, Ferndale, WA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word on the street is that something happened to your toe.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing topic,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete