Monday, February 6, 2017

How's about the Super Bowl !!!

That pic of my fishing buddy Alejandro tells the fishing story pretty darn well I'd say.  I kept putting off doing a blog post at Mile 14 figuring that I'd catch a fish tomorrow....or the next tomorrow....or...The way it's going my very next fish could well be a salmon from the Kenai river come June, we WILL work through this slump one way or another,

But last Monday Tim had to jet back to Iowa so we fished the last day at our favorite rocks in the Gold Zone. I had to leave early as our maid comes every Monday at 9:00 and around here you gotta clean everything up for the maid so she doesn't think you're a slob . We have a Canadian women who is the Administrator here and likes to think she runs the building....wrong, the maids run the building, But I digress....no sooner had I left Tim to go clean than he hit this beautiful Snook, his first one ever. I was and still am stoked for him because I remember how long it took me to get my first good one. The way it goes tim is like this...one down 100 more to go eh ? Nice work.
So I still fish every morning and quit when I'm good and cold, this morning I lasted 1 1/2 hours. You know you've been in Mexico a while when you get cold when it's in the high 50's and low 60's. I feel like a local almost. Then I get a nap and do some reading and then I usually take a hike and then I work up a new song on the guitar and then we watch Alaska Bush people or Zeke and
Emily floundering around trying to get gold. Here's list of my books so far.
1. Old Man's War....about the stupidest science fiction ever where they fight in space with old people who are given young bodies....I'm keeping mine.
2.War at Sea...an actual text book about Naval warfare in WW 2,,,,,boy howdy that baby took some discipline.
3. Book of the 7 Seas.....really cool all about the discovery's and everything you ever need to know about the oceans....marine life, marine geology, ancient sea battles and boats.....cool stuff.
4. Positively False.....Floyd Landis's account of how he won the Tour De France...he says he didn't do it, I don't believe him.
5.Gray Mountain.....John Grisham, pretty darn slow if you ask me.
6.New Jack....I guy wants to write about prison guards in Sing Sing Prison and they won't let him research the subject so he goes to the Academy and then becomes one. After the book he better tow the line and not end up in that place .
7. The Lion's Gate....personal stories from the guys who waxed all the Arab's during Israel's 6 day war  that actually went 7 days....did you know that Israel is only the size of New Jersey ?
8. Rose....a novel by Martin Cruz Smith about the coal industry in England during the Industrial Revolution....Gorky Park and Polar Star were both so good that I read it just because it Martin Cruz Smith....y0u can skip this one,
9. The Last Vampire....Whitley Strieber who owns the end of the world story's. Weird , but good.
10. The Peninsula Clarion......weird, but good.

So you can see I'm staying busy. We've got exactly four more weeks before we land back at Mile 14 of the world famous. I can tell we're getting close because MP seems to be quieter than usual and when she does talk it sometimes starts out with.....' what's wrong with you'....Well nothing really. So far I'm really doing well. I haven't been sick except for the usual dose or two of ' tourista' and I have yet to do anything stupid AND I'm getting along with everybody, even the A Team that everybody just ignores.
Next time I play at the bar I'll ask MP to take a video or two and post them. For some reason Mexico is really good for my creativety.....Sorry about a little delay in my Mile 14 post's. On Friday the internet finally got fixed. We were hanging out reading and the most unusual thing happened....the phone rang and I new that Telmex's man had finally arrived. He said he would come sometime between 9 a.m. Monday and April.  More corrosion on the street connection was the story. In the 3 months we've been here it's been down for almost an entire month and by all rights we should get our bill credited for that. mmmmmmm, I got the feeling that ain't gonna happen.
That's how I'm feeling......

No comments:

Post a Comment