Monday, February 27, 2017

Fishing for Life

That's what I'm doing. fishing has been so slow that my next Mile 14 Blog post will either be pics of a fish in the next few days or us landing on terra firma in the froze north. We're almost done with another portion of this life long fishing trip I'm on....but I WILL post if I catch in the next few days.
In the mean time it 's Carnaval and tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and we'll be at the parade for sure and I'll have pics. But me and MPeasy went downtown to get Lobster one last time and we noticed a disturbing trend. A whole bunch of the 'Deposito's had these signs on them. What a heck of a time to start enforcing beer sales rules. I mean Pacifico and Corona beer is the life blood of Carnaval, heck, it's the life blood of Mazatlan and look at this .....
So we weren't surprised when we came across a demonstration at the first Goverment Building on the Malecon....Now I'm not sure that was the focus of the protest but it ought to be. I can't think of a prettier place to sleep in your tent and let the Government know that you're mad as hell and you ain't taking it anymore....mmmmm. can ya tell I watched 'Network ' on Turner Classic Movies last night ?
We got our Lobster and I learned something really cool about them as we waited for the boat to come in and chatted in spainglish with the lobsterman  that had to  know all about the TV series ' Deadliest Catch'.  I paid about ten bucks for these two beauty's and as you can tell they look a lot different so I asked. The real spiney and more colorful one was caught in the rocks where the spines are their defense and makes it hard to pull them out. The smoother less colorful one was caught in the sand where they rely on just the camouflage for protection from critters that want to eat them like us. Pretty cool. I made a new friend and next November he's getting some home smoked / caught Alaskan Salmon.
,Here's a pic of me and MPeasy after nearly four months together in the tropics.  She's still smiling and  that's a wonderful thing....I know I'm a little intense sometimes and probably not the easiest guy to be in love with. But we have a way so all I can say is this...thank you MP for everything, and I mean everything.
In the ' you've never seen that department '....we must have gotten on the 420 bus. All you in Alaska that voted to legalize Marijuana will like this, and it's public transportation. Ya know it's funny, I think people who don't know me well assume I'm a pot smoker because of ahhhh.....just the way I am. Well I ain't but I guess being a product of the 60's I guess I'm an ' interested observer' of all these kinda things. I shouldn't be surprised by these hand holds because we also have buses that have beer can hand holds....pretty cool.
Our building is dealing with a horrible situation and it's actually best that we're leaving on Friday. We had a huge rain storm which we call ' tormenta' two Sunday's ago and it seemed to over flow the storm drains and somehow has helped back up the city sewer line that services LaMarina.  I've always said that Mexico is not for everybody and this is a true test. This area has had an ongoing problem for years at buildings and houses down the street from us and you can usually smell sewage somewhere on some days...but now raw sewage has backed up into the parking lot and flooded the tennis courts. Where we live is not so close to it and we have an onshore breeze but when you come and ago from the building the smell is disgusting.....and I'm pretty sure not too healthy. If it gets any worst we'll check into a hotel for the nights before we leave. Here's a pic of the tennis court this morning.
It's big problem,,,,no ..... a huge problem and it's compounded by being Carnaval week. It's a city problem so we're kind of at the mercy of the bureaucracy . As with any family we have some ' personalities ' that I expect are being critical of how the situation is being handled or what can be done....to those I'd say this.....C'mon, doe's anybody think that if this was fixable right now it wouldn't be ? Does anybody think that everybody is not just as horrified and tired of it as anybody else . So, ration your water, be patient, be good neighbors for cryin out loud.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff good post fishing for life. I think you should check some more forums of Youfishing. Fishing forums for everything fishing related. Try this its a best place for fishing lovers.

    ReplyDelete